Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

For Swarm's media night, crossing the bridge to the Dome involved being rushed along by army guards (after passing a 'secure gate'), and being shouted out that The Swarm was attacking. It was meant to be a bit frantic and hectic, and it worked well. However, there were very few people there, so it's hard to judge how well that could work on a large scale.

Despite that, I think it would be great - especially in the evening when people are leaving, if some 'You're Next' characters were on the bridge 'targeting' people, chasing them to the turnstiles and such. It would certainly be more effective then as there would likely be less people on the bridge.

Even though they're just roaming actors, the 'You're Next' characters has a lot of potential and can be used in so many different ways. I would have loved to have seen them incorporated into a maze, but I actually think it could end up better this way...

It does look very well themed, so I hope that Thorpe's will be themed to that standard.

The actors however could have been scarier (judging by the video, I'd have to go in it for myself to say for sure) which is where Thorpe could look on making it very scary.

Don't forget that Thorpe's one is "interactive", and we still don't completely know what that means.

It does look very well themed, so I hope that Thorpe's will be themed to that standard.

The actors however could have been scarier (judging by the video, I'd have to go in it for myself to say for sure) which is where Thorpe could look on making it very scary.

Don't forget that Thorpe's one is "interactive", and we still don't completely know what that means.

I'm hoping for an interactive laser mission ie Tomb Blaster or Duel. That would be amazing.

The comments regarding the actors not being scary.... Horror Nights is about immersing you in an environment and the actors over there are very limited. One of the weaker aspects that the actors are only allowed to have impact scares and have very little interaction or room to "play" a character. Also sometimes the feeling of being isolated in their attractions is lost due to the constant parades of guests walking through.

The UK attractions have always excelled with actors, we're lucky that we have a lot more freedom over here. Plus the relatively small groups that we experience the attractions helps make it feel as though we are going on an adventure.

Theming wise that was impressive... But it didn't exactly seem "scary", or was that just me?

It didnt seem very scary tbh, the makruo and look of everything looks great, but the actors are rubbish.

In America the actors arent allowed to touch the guests, unlike over here, purely because they love to throw sueing people around so easily, and universal dont want to have to deal with it, so their covering themselves.

And theres gonna be more than 1 route I assume, seems we choose what happens to us.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Some changes/progress I noticed today at the park:

- Asylum has new wood on the exit door which I imagine will look like a cell when finished.

- There was lots of wood outside Asylum, not sure what it's for though.

- My Bloody Valentine now has speakers around the exterior of the maze (presumably for queueline audio/music).

- Cabin in the Woods has had it's "hellgate" entrance painted orange (it was previously grey).

- Lots of posters advertising the event around the park. It's going to be a good one!

Not much to see with TBWP at the moment, although I'm still not sure where to look.

In response to those comments about it not being "scary" etc, I do tend to agree - if you've watched any other videos from any of Universal's mazes, current or from the past, the actors never seem to be really "scary" or "going for it" in, which I think is mainly due to group sizes. Note there's no forced "hands on shoulders" approach, and it seems on nearly every video I see there seems to be a nearly constant stream of people going through the maze, meaning if there ever was an opportunity for a jump scare it has been missed due to the actors inability to quickly reset their positions, especially in some of the key scene rooms with larger scenery, where the most the actors can do is wander around and growl at by-passers, similar to being in a scare zone in the street. Just my views anyway :rolleyes:

There are some pictures on Theme Park Guide: http://www.themeparkguide.biz/news-page/22nd-september-2013-fright-nights-are-coming

Speakers for MBV is great. Last year, the queue was silent for the most part, bar about 5 minutes when I heard the soundtrack which was prominent in 2011. I do hope they take off all the Ex10 logos from the shipping containers though.

The work on CITW looks good too; hopefully those garish vinyl morgue things get burnt as soon as possible; they were terrible!

http://www.thorpepark.com/frightnights/ has had an update!!

the plot
Join a deranged film director as he takes over THORPE PARK to bring some of your favourite horror movies to life in the UK’s premier Halloween event.
Experience terrifyingly entertaining horror attractions, and the best thrill rides this side of the Atlantic, long into the dead of night - on selected dates in October and November.
Watch the trailer... go on... it’s not like we’ll be watching you back... much...
The trailer is greyed out and marked 'coming soon'.
Thorpe's main site has also been given a new run-down cinema look! <3