Liam T

Paramount Park UK

I mean, I suppose Diagon Alley is just beautiful sheds...

I was dismissive of the idea Universal would be interested in a UK park anyway, but I was going through old online seminars and I stumbled on one from 2013 about the Harry Potter Studio Tour. In the Q&A at the end someone in the audience states they looked at the location the tour uses for a "Universal Studios location".  I didn't even know Universal had actually properly looked at doing a park over here, let alone at a location a mile from my front door. Sounds like the main problem was the local council and access too, to think what could have been! Anyway, here is that Q&A, suppose it makes the idea of them taking over the Paramount Park project a bit more possible. 

https://youtu.be/gmVOmYxfDys?t=27m

London Resort Company Holdings is delaying the planning application again this time until 2019 along with the 5th public consultation.

It appears to be they completely under estimated how long a traffic assessment takes so in a statement they said they need more time. Apparently they are £55m in at the moment and they do have highway modification drawings from engineering firm WSP so it would seem the project is progressing although very slowly.

If it wasn't for the engineering drawings I would have said "Paramount Park" was dead in the water. 

6 minutes ago, Project LC said:

If it wasn't for the engineering drawings I would have said "Paramount Park" was dead in the water. 

Where are these engineering drawings? 

Ironically there has been a consolation on the Swanscombe peninsular recently, there are some road change proposal to ease traffic congestion in the area. The info book said that this doesnt take into account the park, and any changes for the park will be done independently - so that means local residents can enjoy the work being started by highway agency and if the park goes ahead changes to the newly modified road for the park. 

Years and years of roadworks! 

Just now, Matt Creek said:

The chances of Paramount Park ever opening are equivalent of Loggers opening this Summer.

Would actually be really funny if loggers randomly opened next month ?