The 'Definitely 100% Totally Going to Happen' London Resort

Liam T

Can't wait, if anything Disneyland should hopefully up their game too.

I wonder what rides and attractions they will have too as the UK is lacking many good dark rides, hopefully Paramount will be able to inject some good quality rides in to the UK.

Now what will Merlin do, they have 5 years to either do nothing or up their game and have some very good competition for Paramount.

My view is Merlin will do very little and will sit and wait and come the date it opens they will just offer everyone 2 for 1 entry or 50% of an MAP.

In the short term, I would imagine Merlin will wait and see what happens with the project, if it looks like it will go ahead, then I'm sure (putting on my business people will think logically assumption hat) they will make plans to take on the new competition...

I would hope a film based park could provide some classy dark rides, but it's dependant on the Paramount franchises, though I can already see an epic Star Trek themed dark ride...

27,000 jobs will hopefully will be made and hopefully for BRITISH workers and that part of Kent will get the injection of money and development it needs :D Praying to the universe that this happens id love a park in UK with European style themeing like the swarm and american style roller coasters like Alpengeist and Millennium force say, I think it would be a really nice combo. Plus if this does go ahead I hope looks like a woodie gets built as the the last brit woodie was Megafobia so I hope that happens as well :)

A few sources have suggested a giant roller coaster. Not to look to much into it, but could this mean a new generation Woodie or some form of B&M Hyper.

Personally I think it is time for Merlin to get a bit of competition on their hands, though I wouldn't be half surprised if they try adding one of their midways properties such as the dungeons to the project. It is not just a theme park after all.

What worries me is, it is such a huge project that anticipates being open by 2018. That is alot of time for alot of things to go wrong.

Good luck Paramount UK or whatever it is going to be called. You have my backing!

Looking at the bottom right of the plans maybe they will have a boy in striped pyjamas ride/attraction :P

Posted Image

Unfortunately, I have researched the past Paramount Park's and pretty much they have only got to groundbreaking stage then disappear into thin air, hopefully this won't be one of them! But I'm not holding my breath over it

this park is 872 acres, cedar point is 364 acres ,six flags magic mountain is 264 acres and and six flags great adventure 510 acres. it really put in perspective how big this theme park will be if it is built as magic mountain will have 18 roller coasters in 2013. I'm not saying the will but as paramount kent will be 3.5 times the size I cant imagine how many rides or hotels etc they could put there :D

Hopefully Paramount will emcompass the fact of using new techonology in which we have been waiting for. If all goes ahead this will be an amazing achievement in the British Entertainment Industry. I just hope that this doesn't fall through, as we've all heard before that new parks will be opening but to no avail. Also, I persoanlly think that Merlin may not even bother to add any new rides or attractions, as they might decide to wait and see what rides Paramount makes avaliable, then Merlin will decide what to do in order to pull in mass amounts of customers and to pin point their exact target audience.

Again what we must remember is, not all of it will be a theme park. Apparently there are meant to be more than 30 rides and a giant roller coaster. A great mass of the land seems to be taken by the indoor waterpark, and along with the two hotels, it sounds like they want nightclubs, restaurants, theaters and a cinema. To be fair even if Paramount do decide to drop out, surely someone else can fill its place...no not you Merlin!