The 'Definitely 100% Totally Going to Happen' London Resort

Liam T

It can't be more than disneyland Paris, which is horrendously expensive! Last time I was there it was £2000 for 3 nights at the Cheyenne, tickets and Eurostar (for 3 people)

Considering I just went for £610 (including a deal granted, but that would've taken it to about £800) for the Sequoia for 4 nights and then add on £132 for Eurostar, I cannot see how you spent that much...

We (2 people) did 4 days / 3 nights full board for about (in fact I think it was quite a bit less than) £600 at Cheyenne, with £70 of Ferry crossing and about £70 of petrol.

I would guess our one will be more expensive, because we'll have to pay for those relocated spiders our country usually sucks at everything like this.

• 1 month later...

Just a little update...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2303910/Plans-giant-2bn-Paramount-theme-park-edge-London-halted-discovery-rare-jumping-spider-colony.html

Should be a simple solution but you just know something like this could be dragged out for years...still it's nice to see some investors taking an interest in this. If all else fails theres plenty of barren land up here ;)

Yes is the answer ;)

• 8 months later...

Update for you relating to this, getting money from investors will become a lot easier again now that Transport For London has crossed off option B for the new Thames Crossing which would of gone through the site of the park. When this option first came available all the local councils opposed the idea due to them wanting Swanscombe to be regenerated and have the potential to create the 27,000 jobs.

Things are still on track at the moment and if things continue to stay on track the land will become acquired somepoint late Spring this year for them to start on the work.

However I also know some work has actually already started on the site as they are now putting lime into all the land within the area to harden it up (so it's ready to be built on) also in late autumn a lot of removal/ disposal vehicles have been hired ready to clear the site at the end of the year. The works for this are happening regardless as it's happening right now even though it's not being said it's for the park but there are no other projects planned to go on where the site work is happening so you could call it a case of putting two and two together.

As usual more updates will come your way when I find out enough info to make a post

• 3 months later...

This is good news for the project.

I strongly hope this park takes place so we finally have a world class park on our island (Alton Towers isn't quite world class these days) plus, the last major themepark we actually received (to my knowledge) was Legoland and that's nearly 20 years ago now (digger land & dickens world aren't that big).

Plus we could also do with some much needed competition here as everything here is currently pretty much dominated by Merlin (and will probably continue to do so far many years if this park doesn't happen).

This is good news for the project.

I strongly hope this park takes place so we finally have a world class park on our island (Alton Towers isn't quite world class these days) plus, the last major themepark we actually received (to my knowledge) was Legoland and that's nearly 29 years ago now

29 years? It didn't open in 1985.

If the quality is good, we could easily see it give a kick up the arse of Merlin... Because that is what they need over anything else, since the smaller parks don't quite have the national power to make a dent in them...

A huge top class themed park with fantastic theming and dark rides could easily change the UK theme park perception as much as Chessington and Towers did in the 90s...

I can tell you that the local council have been discussing this project a lot, I went to the annual council meeting last night (was there for an award) and while they were agreeing to policies, they talked about the cabinet council and they mentioned that they have been making a lot of important decision about projects, and they mentioned Paramount, I'm going to keep an eye out on the council website for planning permission applications, and I might be able to get more details later on in the year from the council offices, so I'll keep you all updated! :D (The perks of living a 15 min drive from the site ;) )

• 1 month later...

I've waited for a long time for change to happen and if a new major player could come to the UK and change up the monopoly that Merlin have with Alton, Thorpe and Chessington, that can only be a good thing I feel.

It's understandable that they've become complacent and feel like they don't need to try as much, because there's no one coming for their metaphorical crown. 

Kent thankfully, is only 30-40 minutes away and so, I could see myself coming here in the future. I just hope that Paramount give us world-class thrills, in the hope that Merlin step-up their game.

Thoughts?

I just received a letter through my door from London Resort Company Holdings (the developer of Paramount Park, or London Paramount as the project is being named). They should have contacted everyone in the local area.

Basically it was explaining the rough plans for the park and what the project is about. It also mentioned they are also going to submit proposals regarding the adjacent, nearby land between here and Ebbsfleet International.

It also outlines various consultation periods where locals can go and see the plans on show and query anything. Hopefully I will be able to make one.

There is not much on it at the moment but the company have revealed a query/information website.

http://www.londonparamount.info/