The 'Definitely 100% Totally Going to Happen' London Resort

Liam T

So I think the rule of thumb is that people other than merlin are perfectly capable of taking a concept drawing and creating something that looks even better, rather than a dethemed cheapened version of it.

By the way, that powerstation counterpoints the english medeavil castle perfectly.

So I think the rule of thumb is that people other than merlin are perfectly capable of taking a concept drawing and creating something that looks even better, rather than a dethemed cheapened version of it.

A comment insulting Merlin? How original...

Besides SAW looks better than it's concept art, so the hate is just pointless now.

The concept art for Saw was way better than what we got in my opinion. Also the hate on Merlin is perfectly justified. Merlin isn't this wonderful perfect company. The huge amount of hate they are getting should be a clear sign of that.

Stop giving them your money and visiting if you hate them. Its pretty simple ;)

Stop giving them your money and visiting if you hate them. Its pretty simple ;)

It's not though, from my perspective I enjoy the parks (on a good day) because of the rides but not the way the parks operate most of the time, some of which is down to Merlin.

No competition in the UK, easy answer here, go abroad...

There are plentiful options for easy to access parks abroad that would probably cost less flying out and an entrance ticket than paying on the day at Thorpe...

Open your minds to beyond the UK...

• 4 months later...

Really quick question - I was just watching Captain America: The First Avenger, and noticed that it wasn't a film that disney owned. It was distributed by paramount. Bit of a long shot, because Disney now owns Marvel studios, but could, if they wanted to, Paramount make a ride based on this film, or infact Iron man (2008), Iron man 2 (2010) or Thor (2011), which were all distributed by paramount.

Avengers - Marvel

Spiderman - Sony (with the co-op deal now in place with Marvel)

X-Men - Fox (with Marvel in cohorts, but Marvel can't use the words 'mutants' in Avenger films or make reference to them, hence why quicksilver and the girl were described as 'enhanced' in Ultron iirc and X-Men films never make reference to the MCU characters).

Film distribution rights are different again.

So along with merchandising rights are different too (this may be the one that controls what rides go where).

Toofpik pretty much summed it up, spaghetti rights rules the day, Disney may own 'XYZ' but they don't own the rights to it.

Date of opening is now pushed back to 2021 whilst they sort out transportation and environmental factors that have come up in consultations. We knew there would be delays of some sort anyway, when do things ever run on time but It's all still looking good and next year mid 2016 is the official planning to put forward to build I believe :D

Here is the link