SW7: SPOILER TOPIC

MarkC

Has the SW7 secret just been released?

Thanks to towerstimes

Posted Image

SW7: Secret Weapon Seven

Alton Towers Resorts new ride for 2013 is currently well under construction with plans widely available on the internet showing a large track layout and station building. The only secret left for this ride (other than its name of course) is what exactly happens inside or below that building.

TowersTimes believes it can now reveal the secret of SW7.

Disclaimer: TowersTimes does not usually report 'rumours' via our news. However, with this information coming from separate multiple trusted sources we have taken the decision to reveal this before any official confirmation. Whilst this is not 100% confirmed we believe given the evidence presented to us that this is indeed the 'secret' of SW7.

The Shop:

The shop of any ride is usually a fairly unexciting experience. With SW7, Alton Towers Resort intends to change this with an unusual building technique. A portion of the shops flooring will be made out of glass allowing guests to see the ride as it passes below. This is not all as the section of the ride which passes below the shop is the as yet unknown 'secret' element.

The Secret Element:

Rumours have long pointed to this ride chasing the world record for 'Most Inversions' - an inversion for those who do not know is when the rider is turned upside down. With the release of the plans it seemed as though this was not the case as the track layout showed only 8 inversions. Although there was still the unknown space inside the building this was thought not to contain enough room for the amount of inversions required to break the record. Until now.

Multiple sources have contacted us and 'confirmed' that the secret element inside the SW7 building and under the shops glass floor will be a revolving track section. This element will flip the track and thus the train through multiple full 360 degree revolutions. The effect to riders will be similar to that of a 'inline twist' or 'heartline roll'. It is unknown at this point how many times the train and track will be inverted. Other special effects are expected in the form of theming and lighting to complement this element.

-------

TowersTimes will continue to report on SW7 as we hear more. Why not discuss this piece of news on our lively forum. Membership is totally free!

http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk

I have not read this, nor do I intend to.

However, can I ask that spoiler tags are added? I am sure there are some people like myself who do not want the secret revealed, and some may not be lucky as myself as may actually read what is in the article.

Many thanks. :)

EDIT: Thanks Marc!

Edited by JoshC.
Done :P

I kind of guessed it would've been a trick track, of some sort of spinning thing from the word go, the shop idea is fantastic, I hope that becomes reality, I'm just worried how many times you will spin, I don't think Merlin want sick all over there new machine after one day, I think 4 is more than enough, 5 pushing it, anymore and I fear the rides reliability

If that sprinning track is true itd be brilliant and it would fit in so well with the logo and its spinning eyes. And as stated in that video that alton made, elements of pushing fear to the edge, the glass floor on the shop showing the hole and track will really scare a lot of people. Itd be amazing if it all came true. Heres hoping.

Sigh, what's the point in Towers being secret these days when enthusiasts ruin the excitement? It happened for Thirteen, and it's happened again if these things are true...

Do these inside people even care about their media policy? Or because of their special knowledge does it give them some form of power trip (I.e. the "I know something you don't know" card)...

Why spoil the surprise? Especially when quite frankly, it sounds bloody awful and stupid...

Urgh, enthusiasts really get to me at times... If it's meant to be a surprise, let it be a surprise, don't ruin it...

Hah, if only it was that simple of not reading spoiler tags when plenty of other forums I'm on haven't used them...

I'd rather not go down a route of completely shunning a project, as I do enjoy watching the construction of rides and of course a nice bit of speculation, but there is a difference between speculation and going "it will be this"...

Just makes me wonder how hard it is for people to keep stuff that has been intended as a surprise as such, because then you lose some of the excitement of some random piece of track happening that no one saw coming (see for example, Oblivion building the drop last, wouldn't have worked today at all with the desire for information forums have)...

I'm completely with Benin on this. It makes me wonder at times how much enthusiasts care about parks.

We always complain and comment that parks should make more of an effort in keeping things secret and building up suspense and such, yet the moment we can get a leak, most are like 'OMG let's find everything out NOW and spoil the park's hard work!!' Fair enough if you don't mind the secret being spoiled and that, but there's a difference between knowing the secret after it's been released, but at this stage where it's been leaked, it just feels like everything been a bit ruined.

Much like Benin, I'd not want to completely avoid all discussion, as I enjoy following construction and speculating, but now it seems that for the sake of not spoiling the experience the park are creating, I will have to. I was fortunate enough to not find out what the secret was, and hopefully I will not find out until the park reveal so, or until I ride.

Meh, rant over.

I agree with the above comments but surely when you read the following:

TowersTimes believes it can now reveal the secret of SW7.

Disclaimer: TowersTimes does not usually report 'rumours' via our news. However, with this information coming from separate multiple trusted sources we have taken the decision to reveal this before any official confirmation. Whilst this is not 100% confirmed we believe given the evidence presented to us that this is indeed the 'secret' of SW7.

...It will make you think, "Oh un-alerted Spoiler coming up I'll stop reading now"??

Tom.

There is nothing in the article I have not seen speculated on anyway, it is just the way TT have posted this in news (which therefore suggests it is fact) that is the problem. It is still not fact, just a stronger theory. They could have posted nearly the same thing worded slightly differently without causing all this spoiler problem and no doubt pissing of Towers no end (again, if it is correct).

Of course people are going to speculate, that is healthy and part of the fun of new things turning up, but big sites like TT have a sort of duty to the park and readers not to do this and to behave sensibly with the info they receive. Just a poor editorial choice by whoever posted that as news.

I agree with the above comments but surely when you read the following:

...It will make you think, "Oh un-alerted Spoiler coming up I'll stop reading now"??

Tom.

Again though, it doesn't help that then on the various forums it just appears without any form of spoiler... Hence it just gets spoilt anyway... Hell, this wasn't even in spoiler boxes originally as you can see from JoshC's original post...

What would be better, is that people with info, just keep it to themselves for the benefit of everyone, rather than just going like this (and potentially looking stupid should it not come true)...

Well at least that mock-up makes the feature approximately twelve times more feasible than my own ideas about how the thing would be put into practice. Then again...

How will the glass floor of the shop show this? It appears that this steel drum doesn't allow visitors to look straight down on it, meaning everyone will be crowding to one end of the shop to see inside the drum at an angle as it spins.

Howdy do everyone. Basically a few members have contacted me and said that it may be worth starting a separate SW7 topic exclusively for spoilers/rumours regarding the recent TowersTimes information announcement.

I have moved all previous posts from the SW7 discussing in explicit detail (even if spoiler-marked) into here and if you wish to discuss what we already know about the ride then feel free to continue in the main topic. This topic will serve those who wish to discuss the potential world's first feature.

Please Note: This topic mainly concerns itself with spoilers regarding the World's First element. When details about the ride's name, for example, are released then they can be discussed in the main topic. This topic is for those who wish to discuss anything that some members may not wish to know about the experience of SW7, as well as any secret ride features, etc.

EDIT: For some reason my post is no longer at the top of the page. Oh well, as you all were...

• 3 weeks later...