SW7: SPOILER TOPIC

MarkC

I got that picture above aswell(I subscribed to the sw7 fan site thing!) It is quite strange really because people said merlin would not make sw7 worlds most inversions because it would make Colossus look stupid! Now that it really seems like it is going to be worlds most inversions, I can't see what is going to happen to colosssus. Yes it is a completely different experience, but I'm thinking fans will just say,"oh sw7 has more inversions, we will go to alton towers instead."

Colossus days could well end as this is like the major record thorpe park had, no more record for Colossus if sw7 comes along!

However, I think it is just as well alton towers does this, the max inversions they have on one ride is 4(nemesis) so they were really in need of a ride with more inversions. Also the Colossus record was going to be taken over anytime soon! The only shame for me is, I live such a long way away from alton and I will only be able to make 1 trip if any and sw7 might be awesome, but I will have to queue at least 2 hours for it! I just hope I can make a trip to alton next year!

Also the name,"the smiler!" It definately will not fit in with the names of the rides around it, such as oblivion. Also with merlin putting "the" in front of everything I am starting to call all the rides at thorpe and alton "the samurai" for instance! It is really daunting on me!

On top of that, it's not like you can just make a hop, skip and a jump over to Towers from Thorpe. I don't think "Colossus' days will end" in light of this new record, if, in fact, that is the record at all. Without official confirmation about the nature of this "world-beating" element to the ride its hard to make such a sweeping comment.

I doubt that even if the record is the world's most inversions, that Colossus' popularity will diminish much and I severely doubt it will have any detrimental effect on Thorpe's gate figures.