AstroDan

So the hobbit houses are a no-go? Have I missed something....? I thought they resubmitted those plans?

They didn't resubmit them, they altered them. There's still lodge houses (less of them), but then there's also the treehouses.

The lodges do seem less Hobbit-like though.

• 3 months later...

Alton Towers Register your interest now to be the first to hear more about the new distinctive short breaks coming to Alton Towers Resort in 2015.http://www.altontowers.com/hotels/enchanted-village/

Please note - the lodge at the Theme Park is a sneak preview of the finished lodges, we don't want to give away all of the surprises just yet....

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have you been to centre parcs? It's not like that. If it was going to be like a centre parcs that would be great, especially if it included a worthwhile pool complex rather than splash, but it isn't. 

That pic shows how crammed in these will be compared to the feeling of solitude you get in a Centre Parcs villa. Coupled with the lack of amenities being developed alongside the accommodation, I don't really get what they are trying to achieve. It seems to fall somewhere between a hotel and a CP resort, and I can see it ending up with the advantages of neither.

Construction update from TowersStreet

10426794_786497698087343_694950379608153

I like the little quirky design bits like the roof, but them all being so close to each other and being identical it takes away from it a little bit, hopefully they will appear more individual somehow when they are complete.