AstroDan

Talk about cramming them in to get as much money as possible!

I prefer the term... cosy!  ;)

Looking to book one of these for September, it's a different type of theme park accommodation and it fits perfectly with the surrounding area.

I'm sure the quality inside of the lodge will be of a very high standard and already in the picture Pluk posted, you can see the area theming coming along!

But remember, it's still got four months till opening so there's still a while to go before we see the finishing product.  :)

Am I the only one who thinks the closeness of these things is a nice little idea?

Yeah, okay, so you're a bit cramped into one another.  But when I first heard the name 'Enchanted Village', I wasn't expecting anything particularly spaced out.  I was expecting something a cosy little area that feels secluded and in it's own enchanted, magical world.  I think that, once finished, it could well have that feel.  

For me personally, if I was going to go to one of these things, I wouldn't care that there's another cabin a metre away from me to be honest.  

• 1 month later...

From AT facebook...

10689753_10153018456206201_1049072943836

They do look pretty quaint and quirky, but as was obvious from the plans it doesn't have any of that seclusion or feeling of being elsewhere that the likes of Centre Parcs achieve and Towers were openly trying to emulate. So I don't really get the point; it's like being in a hotel but you get to get wet between your room and wherever you are trying to get to. Odd.

the treehouses are the luxury ones, has anyone actually got any pictures of them? so the lodges being how they are, similar prices to the hotel, don't think they deserve the criticism they're getting for being so small and close together.

think it looks great, as they're trying to make it more of a resort, not just focusing on the theme park, especially as it isn't open year round!

think it looks great, as they're trying to make it more of a resort, not just focusing on the theme park, especially as it isn't open year round!

Continuing to throw rooms up does not make a resort, having things to actually do does. Treetops is something towards that I suppose, but this isn't.

Continuing to throw rooms up does not make a resort, having things to actually do does. Treetops is something towards that I suppose, but this isn't.

I think the key word I used was 'trying' ;) hopefully one step at a time... although I do partially feel they've built the new accommodation a bit premature attracting people to a resort with not too much to do yet, hopefully things like cycling trails, segways etc. will be considered in the near future.

They do look quite nice, but don't quite fulfil the level of 'escapism' that should be achieved.

And £400 per night? No thanks,I think I'll stick to my budget (Travelodge).

£400 a night would be for the treehouses which I think have hot tubs (correct me if I'm wrong?)... the pictures we've seen are for the lodges which are around £250/300 for a family of 4 I guess.

Alton Towers has far more to do in terms of a 'resort' than most other parks in Europe...

Obviously it is far from the best, but with a waterpark, spa, golf, high ropes course, theme park, hotels etc. there is actually a bigger variety than many of the bigger resorts - and certainly far more than anything like Thorpe, Chessington or LEGOLAND!

:)