The best water ride in the UK

TPJames

The best water ride in the UK  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best water ride in the UK?

• Tidal wave at Thorpe Park
    • Valhalla at Blackpool
    • Loggers Leap at Thorpe Park
    • The Flume at Alton Towers
    • Drenched at Oakwood
    • Bubbleworks at Chessington
    • Congo River Rapids at Alton Towers
    • Dragons falls at Chessington
    • Pirates falls at Legoland
    • Lost River Ride at Flamingo Land
    • Wild river rapids at Lightw@ter Valley
    • None of the above(comment on what you think it is below)

It has to be all about Valhalla for me. The building looks impressive with the waterfall going down it. If you scratch the water element you have an amazing dark ride with loads of effects and fire. You also get soaked on it (maybe more than you do on Tidal Wave). It has everything a water/dark ride wants and in my eyes is on par with Dudley Do Rights.

Rumba Rapids, I also think Storm Surge is fun.

Where's the dislike button?!

I know it's each to their own and all, but I'm intrigued to know why wit Rumba you rate what I consider one of the worst (for reasons of length and dullness) water rides in the country the best?

'Storm' and 'surge' should be nowhere near a conversation about the best anything anywhere. It is a vile ride.

I've gone for Valhalla. When it is working properly it is the most immersive and spectacular ride in the country by quite some way, and the physical ride underneath all that is excellent. It is obviously a combination of dark and water ride, in my head I consider it a dark ride primarily. For out and out water ride I'd probably go for Tidal Wave, bit of a one trick pony but it does that trick very well and is excellently themed.

Only done the ones at Merlin Parks and BPP... I have to say though, Logger's is one of the only rides I genuinely enjoy going on at Thorpe now. It never fails to make me laugh and I always come off with a smile on my face. Although hardware wise Logger's may be nothing special, it never fails to add a little something to my day! :D

I think storm surge is fun it spins I think it spins quite a lot and the drops at the end are fun because you come out of your seat.

The spinning pannels don't work any more and the bottom of the boat is always filled with water so you have to lift your feet up the whole way down! Whenever I go any more its 0 mins because its such a bad ride!

• 1 month later...

I am sorry but storm surge is absolute rubbish! The spinning pannels don't work, and it is over really quickly and you don't get wet! That is why I didn't even bother putting it in this poll!

To give credit to 'Thorpe Park 1979' just because you may find it a really bad ride does not mean other people do. There are a couple of people I know who find it their best ride in the park (shocking I know), and personally I don't find it as bad as the majority make it out to be even though it has got worse this year.

My vote goes for Valhalla. I remember going on this for the first time just under 10 years ago not knowing the foggiest what it was about. I was just expecting your standard boat ride and boy how wrong was I. The effects, the theme, the darkness, the length, the wetness and its all coming from a UK attraction - I was blown away at the time as I was simply not expecting it to be so fantastic. Now when ever I go to Blackpool Valhalla and the Wild Mouse are at the top of my agenda all the time and are part of the reasons why I go back sooner rather than later.