What do you think of Vampire's new carriages

What do you think of vampire's new carriages?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new carriages on vampire?(not very new but they are different to the old ones :P)

• Amazing
    • Good
    • They are ok...
    • Dreadful
    • Oh the harnesses are horrible!
    • Oh look at the horrible colours!
    • Worse than death!

The old ones were far superior. The ride was designed to run those heavy cars , the flicks of the swing were much better timed to the curves and went higher and the whole thing flowed much better whereas now the train kind of shunts along the track. They were beautiful too.

Posted Image

Having said that, the new ones do the job and if that was what was necessary to keep the ride open then it's better than nothing.

Those old trains also added to the overall thematic experience, Translyvania hill with those bats coming off the second lift... :wub:

Sigh... I miss them... I even remember the year it was closed due to the refurb and being disappointed...

They could bring something like them back......

Except they probably cant be bothered....

These new ones seem to have very limited swing or way too much swing. If your in the front and you have two fully grown adults in, the amount of swing you get on the approach to the second lift hill and before you go back to the station is worrying. There seems to be too much swing there. This is what we have experienced this week. Also when the train goes round the track, it does not seem to have as much swing as the old ones.

But my nieces really enjoyed themselves so you can't really complain when you look at their faces on the photo at the end of the ride.

• 4 weeks later...

Having only recently ridden Vampire for the first time, I instantly got the impression walking around the queue and station area that the original trains would have looked awesome swooping through the trees and transylvania. As much fun as it was, there were parts where I found it a little jerky.

I can remember following the conversion during 2001 and seeing them put the carriages into storage for a while, makes me wonder what happened to them all. Pretty sure I see one pop up on some backstage photo at a Six Flags park not long ago.....