Park Operations

Daniel.S313

As far as I'm told the park management, believe it or not, are currently trying to make a big push for increasing the average number of rides a guest gets on.

Really? Thats quite a positive step if it is correct. If that is how they are targeted it might force them into running both fastrack and rides properly.

Yesterday was just awful when me and my friends visited, X was closed for refurbishment, Nemesis Inferno closed first thing, Colossus broke down later on, slammer closed, samurai broke down, no right side pictures on swarm, no picture on rumba as loading to quickly! There were gangs of staff hanging around outside the closed rides doing nothing but kicking around bottles/playing bowling/ golf!

Yesterday was just awful when me and my friends visited, X was closed for refurbishment, Nemesis Inferno closed first thing, Colossus broke down later on, slammer closed, samurai broke down, no right side pictures on swarm, no picture on rumba as loading to quickly! There were gangs of staff hanging around outside the closed rides doing nothing but kicking around bottles/playing bowling/ golf!

I am visiting on Wednesday 17th and was desperate to ride X! It HAS to be closed when I visit :mellow:

A successful, average day then. :)

A successful, average day then. :)

You say that, but we shouldn't need to say that. Thorpe should realise this and maybe think if this is what a fan is saying then maybe they should change the way they operate.

But who the ****s going to believe that I'm actually agreeing with RideAddict hey?

That's awful! And to think they charge £43.20 for park entry!

Slammer was closed all of today. Samurai and Colossus opened late as well, though only about half an hour or so after the park opened.

One thing I found strange was that all the coasters were on one train (and I think Saw was on 6 cars), but Inferno was on two trains from the word go. Out of all the coasters on park, I'd have thought Swarm would be running on full capacity. Not complaining of course, because Inferno was running fantastically! :wub:

The new queue board signs look great, though the Tidal Wave one is either broken or not fitted up correctly. Speaking of queue times, ops on Swarm really need to learn how to judge the queue times better. At one point today, the op announced the forwards queue was 15-20 minutes and the backwards queue was 10 minutes. At that point, it clearly wasn't - 10 mins for forwards, and about 20-30 mins for backwards - and all of that was just in the station. In fact, I managed two rides on Swarm forwards before a guy queueing for backwards got on (and he was in the station before the first of those two goes!). Not a big deal really, as the park is quiet on these sorts of days, but on busier days such as during the summer, I know I'd be rather annoyed to be told a queue was 3x shorter than it actually was.

One thing that did aggravate me about Inferno being down on Monday was that there were 6 members of staff stood outside it all day doing absolutely nothing.

They should have been reassigned, even to do some simple cleaning tasks around the ride, where they don't have to stray off in case it came back on. Its pretty pathetic that park management think its acceptable to pay members of staff for a days work when really they're just stood around talking, in my opinion...

One thing that did aggravate me about Inferno being down on Monday was that there were 6 members of staff stood outside it all day doing absolutely nothing.

They should have been reassigned, even to do some simple cleaning tasks around the ride, where they don't have to stray off in case it came back on. Its pretty pathetic that park management think its acceptable to pay members of staff for a days work when really they're just stood around talking, in my opinion...

Those were the staff I saw playing golf/bowling with the bottles and litter as they were so bored, I totally agree, a useless waste of time, everyone could tell the ride is closed anyway, and it looked very bad to all the customers passing by.