Park Operations

Daniel.S313

Is that £25 after you converted it or just a number you thought it was just want to check lol

$25 for normal parking (£15 converted) $35 for preferred parking (£22 Converted) my friends who went told me it was £25 which it was for one of their parks but that is the one for great adventure (kingda ka, El toro etc) it has gotten slightly cheaper over the years, but still much more expensive then in car parks over here

$25 for normal parking (£15 converted) $35 for preferred parking (£22 Converted) my friends who went told me it was £25 which it was for one of their parks but that is the one for great adventure (kingda ka, El toro etc) it has gotten slightly cheaper over the years, but still much more expensive then in car parks over here

I agree it is just wanted to see roughly really how much :)

They don't put people off though... Otherwise no-one would visit their parks, so a rather strange comment to make...

$65 to enter Great Adventure, so tis about $90 for the day... Which in English (approx £56) is about the same as what you pay over here for Towers/Thorpe on the gate...

Considering Great Adventure have 11 coasters, and Cedar Point even more, it's certainly not that comparable though...

The charge probably wouldn't be as insulting, were it not for the fact you get the choice of an uneven gravel pit, or swamped grassland to park on 90% of the time. And then just to rub salt in the wound, a 30 minute queue to find your way out of a completely ill-thought out exit route, as you encounter 20 lanes that must merge into 4, with no staff assistance.

They don't put people off though... Otherwise no-one would visit their parks, so a rather strange comment to make...

$65 to enter Great Adventure, so tis about $90 for the day... Which in English (approx £56) is about the same as what you pay over here for Towers/Thorpe on the gate...

Considering Great Adventure have 11 coasters, and Cedar Point even more, it's certainly not that comparable though...

Not a strange comment, I look at all the options when I go to a park, ticket entry, parking etc and if they are charging a very high price to simply park your car as well as high prices to get in, then it seriously puts me off going. If people are happy being ripped off and just pay the parking charge, then the parks win and the guests loose out.

Six Flags have plenty of discounts that balance it out. If you really want to start raging, then sporting events in downtown American cities have obscene parking rates.

Sporting events anywhere that have paid-for parking zones tbh...

I wonder if the other countries where this is the norm feel the same way? I mean I paid €7/8 for Walibi and Plopsaland last weekend but it didn't feel that bad... Maybe because the entry fee was €35 for Walibi and €28 for Plopsa? Definitely works better that way than the way we do it over here as it doesn't really feel like it's part of the park cost...

• 5 months later...

If anyone saw my post in the 2014 season topic about the traffic leaving you'll see how bad it was, I emailed THORPE to complain and they've given me 3 fast track tickets for each member of my group (that's 4) so in total 12 fastrack tickets for free with no expiry date :D always thought their customer service is good, I got a very lengthy apology and prompt response, well done THORPE!!

Realistically I don't think theres much they can do, whilst the barriers don't help they are not the root cause of all problems, When there are 1000's of cars all leaving at the the same time there will always be congestion, I don't think you can say 4 barriers cause it because there are ultimately only 2 lanes out of the park.

Often after football I wait at least an hour to get out of the car park and thats without barriers!

It's not that bad it's like this in all places on busy days like people said there only 2 ways you can go on that roundabout and you going out same times as people from surry leaving work as well same as towers the amount of backlog down that road and after any event at wembley that road is massive problems no one can really control it it's just how it is

Who went last year and that day when the whole of staines way and Chertsy way was at grid lock because of an accident of the M25 people were blocked in that car park both all the customers who left end of the day as well as staff for a good 2/3 hours.

Ive noticed more and more recently over the past couple of years that Staines road queues all the way from Staines to the park, which obviously makes the situation in the car park a lot worse too.

Ive noticed more and more recently over the past couple of years that Staines road queues all the way from Staines to the park, which obviously makes the situation in the car park a lot worse too.

I noticed that 2 from working there the last 4 years but Evan in the closed months around 4 till 6 that road is still very bad it's just unfortunate that they only have 2 ways to leave

If anyone saw my post in the 2014 season topic about the traffic leaving you'll see how bad it was, I emailed THORPE to complain and they've given me 3 fast track tickets for each member of my group (that's 4) so in goal 12 fastrack tickets for free with no expiry date :D always thought their customer service is good, I got a very lengthy apology and prompt response, well done THORPE!!

Ah, classic. Doesn't solve the problem in the slightest though and just helps make the queues for the rides longer.

That there are, particularly now I've got 12 free fast tracks :D tbf I know they hand these out probably every time someone complains but either way IDC :D

And now do you give a toss about the actual problem or are you so blinded by freebies that cost the park nothing but collectively ruin other peoples days instead.

The ignorance is astounding quite frankly.