Park Operations

Daniel.S313

15 minutes ago, Stuntman707 said:

As a rule, I think Stealth should close the Fastrack queue when there's only one train running. The queue line hardly moving together with Thorpes terrible time estimates got to the point where people were were walking away after about an hour and a half of waiting. I don't mind people paying to beat queues but I don't think it's fair when there's a long queue for Fastrack and the regular line isn't moving.

You'd think that after however many years of running that park they would have learnt by now!  They really should look at how Alton manages Fastrack, it's much better these days.

While they're at it, they should look at how Alton Towers do time estimates. They are much better overall and usually go a bit over so you know the queue is not going to be longer than what it says on the screens.

I saw people queuing out the front of Nemesis Inferno with the sign above saying 20mins. No way is that 20mins! I waited a bit to see if it updated too but no.

• 1 month later...

When there is a queue of hundreds of guests waiting to enter the park, and there are nine booths on each side (so 18) in total, I consider it a complete joke to only have 3 booths open per side!

Took us 40 minutes to get to the front of the queue (as we were with someone who didn't have a MAP) meaning we basically lost the first hour, which would have been the only quiet time due to school trips!

On the plus side, they kept the coasters and Ghost Train open until 5:30pm.

Park operations were good today.  All coasters were on capacity from the start (apart from X), and whilst some opened slightly late I'd rather that than them starting on one train and building up a queue.  Operations on Stealth were great, however Inferno was stacking a lot which caused the queue to build up straight away.  Finally, the staff were fantastic, all very friendly and interacting with the customers which is great!

Overall, a big improvement on previous visits, let's hope Thorpe can keep this up!

2 hours ago, planenut said:

Entrance yesterday was great in that the Annual Pass Holders gate opened before the main turnstiles allowing us to get to most of the rides before the GP; well I got to the one I was persuaded to try and it was closed - reverted to plan A.

Doesn't this happen every day? 

5 hours ago, ThorpeAddict said:

Doesn't this happen every day? 

I believe so. It also seems like quite a long time too, because when I go to Thorpe I usually go with non AP holders, meaning I have to wait for them after entering the park.

Being me, I time the wait. The shortest was 4 minutes and the longest was 16.

The park today apparently was "at capacity", 15000, a large percentage being school children, sadly missing out on the chance of one more day of education. The park really was heaving with several ride queues being over one and a half hours. With the temperatures being the highest for the year, and I think for three years, thankfully the management started handing their staff water and supplied some large brollies for ride hosts out in the sun.

I met a young couple who were spending their day at Thorpe Park whilst their friend was "packing" to then join them in returning to Cornwall, it was their first visit. At about 1215 they had had three rides and were sitting near to Slammer which they knew nothing about. Luckily it opened shortly after and they were on for the first ride, and judging by the chap's expletives, he enjoyed it.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably part of the fallout from the shambles that was yesterday! You wouldn't believe the amount of rides that had downtime let alone the ghost train. Tidal Wave was also stuck at about 9:50pm yesterday though I think it was sorted pretty quickly! :S I feel like I saw the engineers running around park more than I saw the regular staff members! Credit to them though, apart from the Ghost Train anything that did have problems was pretty quickly resolved and running again.

5 hours ago, ThorpeAddict said:

Nemesis Inferno is expected to be down all day today with Stealth. Tidal wave is also yet to open. Thorpe really isn't having the best of luck with rides at the moment :(

4 hours ago, Matt Creek said:

On park today. All three rides as mentioned are closed. Not a good day for reliability. Have no idea what's up with Stealth and Inferno but hope they work soon as the park is really struggling without them.  

Inferno was fine Saturday, apart from one small outage which was fixed insanely quick?

It did indeed in the last hour. And I give kudos to the engineers for doing so.

still, hopefully Stealth and Tidal can be sorted as they both looked lifeless when I visited.

they were also giving out free return tickets on the way out from what I saw. Ghost was ok though however I think it may have been on lower capacity as they were not filling all the queue line up.

Stealth and Nemesis Inferno were advertised as being closed all day from before park opening.  As said though, NI opened towards the end of the day.  Engineers realised that Tidal Wave wouldn't be able to open today shortly after the park opened

Ghost Train was on full capacity, but after the weekend where may guests complained of being in the queue for several hours, the park decided to only have about 90 minutes worth of queue inside the queue, and batch people into the queue at regular intervals.  Everyone seemed quite content with the system, and people waiting outside the queue were regularly informed.  Unfortunately, it did suffer a breakdown late in the day that couldn't be resolved, but aside from that it was running pretty much all day

Everyone who visited today was given an open-ended return ticket for this season, if they purchased a day ticket, or a priority pass for one of the closed rides, if they were an annual pass holder.  I know not everyone here is a fan of priority passes, but I think it's a reasonable form of compensation in this situation.

It's all well and good saying things need to improve operationally, but when their headline coaster is closed (due to unfortunate, unseen circumstances) and their big new ride is suffering teething problems, it already backs them into a very difficult position.  Even if all other rides ran flawlessly, there would likely be plenty of people who would be clambering for a free return ticket.

Popped in after work for the last half hour yesterday solely to try out the ghost train. Wasn't open so straight back in the car to go home, bit disappointed but I guess these things happen. The admissions staff were super helpful and called through to see if it was open then helped me out the car park so I didn't have to pay so great job done by them