The RCT3 Thread

MikeC

James you need to post your pics or link your Facebook album! Your park looks amazing :D

I haven't played this game for years and had never thought about custom scenery, tracks, supports etc. Must get back on there soon,although I fear that as I have got older I will lack the motivation to sit and put the time and effort in. :o

The thing that bugs me though is the way the peeps look close up, and their faces :P And the "squarish" look of some things like restraints etc. Not a rant, as I said it bugs a little.

I'd love a super realistic theme park game, like No Limits style (but easier to use!) but a park simulation one like RCT. I've never got got to grips with No Limits although I did only have the demo, but the fun for me is running a park and not just building the coasters. RCT4? ;)

James you need to post your pics or link your Facebook album! Your park looks amazing :D

Thanks! :)

I'll copy my whole project over from SGW, as it'll be easier. Here goes...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A visit to Brinston Gardens, with PTR - 10/10/12

Part 1 - Grand America and Sky Park

I hadn't been to Brinston Gardens in some time, so thought it was time I paid a visit. After setting off early with John and Sarah, we arrived at the park just after 9.20 for Early Ride Exclusive. It was already quite busy at that time, although we soon collected our tickets and was walking down Brinston Walk...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sarah and John were in awe of the Gardens and wanted to explore, but I was eager to go on Falcon. We made our way over to Grand America and were soon in line for the B&M mean machine

The top of the lift hill looks odd with the contrasting colour scheme, although I've heard this is to help the ride blend in with the surrounding woodland. The neighbours are less than enthusiastic about rides being visible over the treetops.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nearly at the station now

Posted Image

My only complaint about the queueline itself is that it is very long, although the view of the ride makes up for that in a way. Sarah spotted a wild deer in the nearby woodland, although I wasn’t fast enough with my camera.

We arrived at the station and decided to queue for the front row. WHOAH! This was my first ride on Falcon and I was absolutely blown away - that helix is incredible! Me and John decided to go round again….four times to be precise.

It was very cold and damp at this time, so we decided against doing the flume. Instead we went on Cyclone (which made John feel sick).

Cyclone

Posted Image

Surprise, the Flume is pretty quiet today

Posted Image

...or maybe not

Posted Image

Falcon from the Cyclone queueline

Posted Image

It was just after 10.30 by now, and the park was already heaving

Posted Image

More Falcon goodness

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sky Park next, via the serene Woodland Walk!

Posted Image

Sky Park is a relatively new area of the park, although I remember the huge wheel from past trips. Not being one for great heights, I decided to leave John and Sarah to it while I grabbed some coffee and ice cream.

Odd, the wheel is clearly visible over the treetops. Hmmm

Posted Image

Sky Park used to be called Festiva Land, and was my favourite area of Brinston. I was quite sad to learn that both the Corkscrew and Schwartzkopf coaster had been removed.

Main Square and Sky Park see a huge parade with shows in the afternoons (which unfortunately we missed today).

Posted Image

Valkyrie was underoing testing for much of the morning, as apparently there was a problem with a motor? We waited for the ride to open before heading over to Pirate Corner…

Posted Image

Part 2 - Pirate Kingdom and Little Africa

Pirate Kingdom hasn't changed much in the seven or eight years since I last visited.

We did the pirate ship several times before grabbing some lunch in the pizza restaurant.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The food was delicious, although pretty overpriced for what you actually get. I don’t like to nit-pick, but I feel the staff in this restaurant could learn one or two manners.

There used to be a live pirate show here once, but it looks like that’s long gone. Oh well.

Posted Image

Barrel Run was extreme but very enjoyable. Word of warning though, don't even think about going on this straight after your lunch

Posted Image

The gift shop

Posted Image

It was about 12.30 by now, and the park was extremely busy (this has been a record season for visitors apparently). After some discussion, it was decided that we’d do Little Africa and the rapids next. How convenient that the sun decided to come out at that moment

Posted Image

The Brinston Express. Unfortunately we didn't have time to do this little train ride today.

Posted Image

Are we actually going the right way? Oh wait, we are...

Posted Image

Snacks, anyone?

Posted Image

This little water feature was nice. You can see Temple Falls in the background

Posted Image

Little Africa

I love this little rope effect bridge over the rapids

Posted Image

The queue for Temple Falls was over 75 minutes, so we did the Zambezi Adventure instead. I don’t remember Zambezi Adventure being this good on my last visit. We got absolutely soaked, too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Mine Train. Unfortunately the water messed up my camera lens, but it's OK now.

Posted Image

By now the queue for Temple Falls was much shorter. John and I loved this ride, although Sarah wasn't too keen. The ride op was really friendly and treated everyone to a special cycle.

We had a look round the African gift shop and then made our way over to the Mine Train, which was saw horrendous queues for much of the afternoon. Mine Train certainly wasn't worth the two hour wait. I found this very rough, and John had to take a break due to headaches afterwards. Awful ride – hopefully it won’t see many more seasons at the park.

Posted Image

The themed queueline is the only redeeming feature of this ride

Posted Image

It was coming up to 5.00pm by now, so we took a break in the Rainforest Café. The Brinston Beast looms menacingly in the distance.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Part 3 coming up

I'm working on a new project away from my main park currently.. A little one with alot more detail, more custom stuff and a very much better rides! Its again, a UK park, based on the modern Merlin parks of today.

Part one is an area of this project I have been working on for about 3 months, the main attraction is a B&M invert... So with the fashion of B&M inverts in the UK, I introduce...

Posted Image

More information 25/11/12.

Thanks guys! I can't wait to see your own projects :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a big update, so be warned

Part 3 - Brinston Beast and the Shire Centre

I can’t quite put my finger on it, but there’s something really magical about this corner of the park. It was this area that once housed the Original Manor.

Posted Image

Posted Image

First up was the Brinston Beast. I’ve wanted to do the Brinston Beast for a while, although it’s always been closed on previous visits – today was the day!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We decided to sit at the back, as apparently the airtime is amazing. Wow, just wow! This is one intense little woodie…so intense, that I found it hard not to hold on.

Posted Image

We had a few rides on the waveswinger, and carousel, then had a look at A Haunting.

The Arcadia Museum and Visitor Centre with Waveswinger in the background. The museum shuts at 5.00pm, so we didn't get a chance to have a look round

Posted Image

Posted Image

Brinston Beast from the queueline

Posted Image

I thought this would be your standard haunted swing ride – how wrong I was. After being split in to two groups, you make your way to the screen room where you’re shown a small presentation. I don’t remember the presentation word for word, but the story tells how the Lord stumbled upon a haunted chamber, while carrying out renovation work on the old Manor. Next you make your way to a batching room, where you’re told to wait – the themeing is exceptional in this room. After a short wait, several attendants usher you into what appears to be the main ride queueline, however, don’t be fooled. The queueline itself is in fact a scare maze. It’s very dark, very small and above all a very intense experience. I wasn’t expecting this and felt pretty shaken. 10/10

Posted Image

It was 5.40 by now, and we were going to finish the day with one last ride on Falcon. It was decided that we'd stop for another coffee and then have a look at the gardens before heading home.

The Wisteria Inn - The oatcakes are delicious

Posted Image

Posted Image

Random shots

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Pavillion Cafe and gift shop. Note the original Manor clock tower in the background

Posted Image

The Gardens

The park shuts at 6.30 during October, so it was a bit of a mad dash round the gardens themselves towards the end. This is such a beautiful area, and you could easily spend several hours just taking in the views and relaxing.

The sign advises people to stick to the footpaths at all times

Posted Image

Posted Image

My attempt at an arty shot - Falcon through the trees

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Bandstand. There are regular concerts here during the summer months

Posted Image

What a fantastic way to end a superb day.

Highlights:

Falcon

Brinston Beast

A Haunting

Zambezi Adventure

Temple Falls

The gardens

Another PTR soon, thanks for reading!

Hi there!

Well as you remember my first RCT3 project "Spixworth Fields" (Blog link here: http://forum.maniahub.com/blog/11-spixworth-fields-mania/) is having a major face-lift as it is "closed" for 2012... Currently I've been throwing out all the RCT3 scenery and adding my own, a little preview of the entrance here, still far from finished.

Posted Image

I have alot more I'm doing up plus my 2013 ride which I still don't have a logo for (any offers) posting more updates soon from Spixworth and remember to tune in this Sunday for my new project, Nemesis Sub Zero.

Hi there!

Well as you remember my first RCT3 project "Spixworth Fields" (Blog link here: http://forum.maniahu...h-fields-mania/) is having a major face-lift as it is "closed" for 2012... Currently I've been throwing out all the RCT3 scenery and adding my own, a little preview of the entrance here, still far from finished.

Posted Image

I have alot more I'm doing up plus my 2013 ride which I still don't have a logo for (any offers) posting more updates soon from Spixworth and remember to tune in this Sunday for my new project, Nemesis Sub Zero.

This is a really fantastic little park, Liam. Can't wait to see more!

I'm working on a new project away from my main park currently.. A little one with alot more detail, more custom stuff and a very much better rides! Its again, a UK park, based on the modern Merlin parks of today.

Part one is an area of this project I have been working on for about 3 months, the main attraction is a B&M invert... So with the fashion of B&M inverts in the UK, I introduce...

Posted Image

More information 25/11/12.

I'm really going to have to design a better logo for this ride, aren't I? ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I made this park a while ago but never got round to showcasing it. No custom scenery was used, not all of it is original ideas, I was inspired by some RCT3 players from YouTube (like with the bridge), and some of the rides are real-life inspired, I'll let you guess which ones they are ;)

Looking like it's going to be a busy day...

Mzv3OJA.jpg

A bird's eye view of the Ancient Egypt area, featuring Scarab Spinner (Top Scan), Ra (I can't remember what that is) and Sahara's Curse (a launched coaster). There is also a Top Spin if you look closely in the far left about halfway down called Mirage, it's living up to its name.

v4QCAnY.jpg

Pirate Cove (I know, so original with my themed area names), here we can see Tsunami (the Shoot-the-Chute ride), a Vekoma Corkscrew Coaster appropriately named, Caribbean Twister, and Canon Blaster (Launched Drop Tower).

nstitsm.jpg

Straight to the Wild West (I'm not getting anymore original I know), we've got Outlaw (a GCI wooden coaster), Wagon Wheel (Enterprise), and some other rides that you usually see at funfairs :P

WEle5v0.jpg

Tower Street (don't start) :P with it's own Junior Coaster, Greenhouse Explorer, which sees riders fly through a non-existent greenhouse with lots of mini-beasts, which are not so mini :P

fi2JBy9.jpg

A nice introduction to our Ancient Greece area with a lovely view of our floorless B&M Poseidon, inspired by a certain coaster. Below it, Thorpe has some competition, as it's now not the only park with a Sky Swat, plus, ours has a match cooler name. 'The Last Battle of Atlantis'.

mFqJQam.jpg

And coming up the rear in it's brilliant yellow, is our B&M flying coaster Pegasus :)

yqvHlsF.jpg

An extension on this area is our featured B&M floorless coaster, Underworld (can you tell what this is inspired by? ;)) In front of the demon of hell is our double inverter, Hercules, which fights continuously for our enjoyment.

tTHEPfv.jpg

Our Africa Area, featuring a wild-TIGER coaster Treacherous Tigers - with a lovely Tiger enclosure next to the ride, I'm sure H&S would have a fit ;) Pterodactyl Peaks.

1PLFFtb.jpg

and... for the grand finale, is Monkey Swinger, again with a suitable monkey enclosure, and our B&M Hypercoaster, Mount Kilimanjaro, featuring a rather, unique layout ;)

NPzzj6k.jpg

THE END :)

• 1 month later...
Wyvern is a mythological medieval creature with reptilian scales and giant, demonic wings. It swoops over peasant villages terrorising the inhabitants before choosing it's prey.

The ride is currently finished and I am working on a video as we speak. I would've posted earlier in development but I lost motivation.

Shot0023_zps3ff80787.png

Shot0025_zps509a4737.png

Shot0024_zps1a54643c.png

Shot0022_zps5010b000.png

Feel free to comment.

JAMMYD778 :D