Your Favourite Quotes

MarkC

• 1 month later...

Just a few of my favourites;

Millions have died, but our troops have advanced no further than an asthmatic ant carrying some heavy shopping! - Blackadder Goes Forth

The Sultan of Brunei reads the Peckham Echo, does he?! What A Moby! - Del Boy

Looks like I quit the wrong week to quit smoking/drinking/vitamins/sniffing glue - Airplane!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Uno Mas?" - Jackie Chan in Shanghai Noon

"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter" -Walt Disney

"Oh, I don’t know. What do you say you start her on 20 CCs of 'It’s not my problem anymore!'" - Dr. Cox from Scrubs.

• 1 year later...

"This is all because of your no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather!" (Stanley's grandfather - 'Holes')

"IT'S A TRAP!" (Admiral Ackbar - 'Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi')

"Let's put a SMILE on that face!" (The Joker - 'The Dark Knight')

"First law of the sea - never place ye rear end on a pirate's face!" (Metalbeard - 'The LEGO Movie')

"Could there be another way to Africa...that doesn't take us through that wall of DEATH!" (Captain Haddock - 'The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn')

"Welcome to Scotland!" (Kincade - 'Skyfall')

"WE...ARE...GROOT!" (Groot - 'Guardians of the Galaxy')

'What can I do which is really good value for money, and budget, and still good fun? Somewhere that had great atmosphere, quality themeing and actual good rides. Somewhere that wasn't infested with chavs at all, and doesn't try to rip you off constantly with fastracks.' ~Link, in Electricbill's Stone Cold, talking about Thorpe park

Love that one.

It's that season again! :D

"The film business is a dog-eat-dog world...or in this case...DOG-KILL-HUMAN!"

"Don't go down to the woods alone! And whatever happens...don't lose your map!"

"We all have to make sacrifices, right? And I choose to sacrifice YOU!"

"No animals were harmed during the making of this production...but YOU will be!"

"Ever wanted to star in a movie? What about a HORROR movie? We all know what happens to the cast in a horror film..."

"Have you got GUTS? Come along to my casting call and let's find out shall we?"

"Do you feel alone? Don't worry! We've got your back...but we're DEFINITLEY not pointing a crossbow at it!"

*cue deranged laughter*

• 1 month later...

I think some of the best quotes for me come from Portal 2. Here are my favourites:

"I hope you brought something stronger than a portal gun this time. Otherwise, I'm afraid you're about to become the immediate past president of the Being Alive club. Ha ha. Seriously, though...goodbye."

(GLaDOS)

"Oh hi. So how are you holding up...BECAUSE I'M A POTATO."

(GLaDOS)

"You know what my days used to be like? I just tested. Nobody murdered me...or put me in a potato...or fed me to birds. I had a pretty good life...and then you showed up. You dangerous, mute lunatic."

(GLaDOS)

"Most test subjects do experience some cognitive deterioration after a few months in suspension. Now you've been under for...quite a lot longer, and it's not out of the question that you might have a very minor case of serious brain damage!"

(Wheatley)

"What? Jerry, you can't fire me for that! Yes, Jerry...OR, maybe your prejudiced worksite should have accommodated a nanobot of my size. Thanks for the hate crime, Jer! See you in court, mate!"

(Wheatley)

"Some emergency testing may require prolonged interaction with lethal military androids. Rest assured that all lethal military androids have been taught to read and provided with one copy of the Laws of Robotics. To share."

(Announcer)

"This next test applies the principles of momentum to movement through portals. If the laws of physics no longer apply in the future, God help you."

(Announcer)

"Those of you who volunteered to be injected with praying mantis DNA, I've got some good news and some bad news. Bad news is we're postponing those tests indefinitely. Good news is we've got a much better test for you: Fighting an army of mantis men! Pick up a rifle and follow the yellow line. You'll know when the test starts."
(Cave Johnson)

"If you've cut yourself at all in the course of these tests, you might have noticed that your blood is pure gasoline. That's normal. We've been shooting you with an invisible laser that's supposed to turn blood into gasoline, so all that means is...it's working."
(Cave Johnson)

"Alright. I've been thinking...when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! GET MAD!!! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson LEMONS! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I'm the man who's gonna BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN...with the LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon...that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!!! *coughs*"
(Cave Johnson)

*gasps for air*

Sorry if I'm WAY too much of a fanboy for this sort of thing!

Well, Monday night provided me wih a new favourite quote...

'MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL, you're needed.'

-Edwina Currie, I'm a Celebrity, get me out of here 2014

• 4 weeks later...