Confessions

Ellie

I used to have a bruise on my head because I wasn't looking where I was going and I walked into Tidal Wave's exit bridge at Thorpe during half term. ;)

I did exactly that on Wednesday and it killed! My friend, who is short, was in front of me, so I didnt see it coming because she didn't need to duck!

A couple of years back, I was in the Dome toilets at the sink, and someone else came up. This was back before there were signs saying to push the foot pedal (or maybe there were some old signs or something - I don't know). Anyway, this guy was waving his hands around under the tap trying to get it to turn on. 

I told him it was voice activated. I said "tap" as I pushed my foot pedal...

A couple of years back, I was in the Dome toilets at the sink, and someone else came up. This was back before there were signs saying to push the foot pedal (or maybe there were some old signs or something - I don't know). Anyway, this guy was waving his hands around under the tap trying to get it to turn on. 

I told him it was voice activated. I said "tap" as I pushed my foot pedal...

ahahahaha this has to be the best one so far

I've always been a very big fan of the Swarm (maybe more than JoshC), but there's another ride I'm really getting a soft spot for currently.

DEPTH CHARGE. OK, to done it's just low'ish capacity 4 lane water slide, but to me it's more than. It's a Thirpe classic which is great fun for park guests of all ages, an all round attraction, gives you some great views of the park (Swarm & Stealth) and doesn't get you too wet either.

It may be nearly 25 years old, but still runs well and is one of the few surviving RMC additions which on top of that is definitely the best upkept one too (excluding anything rethemed).

Some say it doesn't fit in with the new park, but I think it does. What with the famiky market thing and Island like no other tag line and it goes very well with the shark theme too.

Before I joined this forum, way before the runaway mine train was the scorpion express, I never realised the fish and the runaway mine train were the exact same haha. I always thought the runaway mine train was a lot more intense, just shows how much themeing makes a difference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So very early on Saturday morning I leave the country to travel to Holland and attempt to complete the Nijmegen Marches, a hundred mile march over four days. Over 40-thousand people do it each year and about 5,000 complete it in military teams, wearing full kit and carrying weight. This year one of those 5,000 is me.

I confess that although I completed the march last year as part of a civilian team, I'm getting more and more worried the closer it gets about doing it in kit this year as I think I'll struggle with the weight and heat.

Other than that I'm really excited and can't wait for the experience, but that doesn't mean I can't be nervous! :D