Confessions

Ellie

Life threatening confessions:

- I haven't seen any Star Wars films and don't intend to.

- I thought Avatar was 4 hours of my life wasted.

- I hate football (my friends like football so I can tolerate those kinds of people).

- I enjoyed riding the two Vekoma SLCs I have ridden.

- I prefer The Swarm and Saw The Ride to Nemesis (AT).

2 hours ago, Equoaster said:

Life threatening confessions:

- I haven't seen any Star Wars films and don't intend to.

Until February, that was something I swore by. My friend tricked me into watching the Undercover Boss: Starkiller Base sketch from Saturday Night Live (featuring Matt The Radar Technician) and I was hooked ever on the franchise ever since. I have like five pieces of Kylo Ren Merchandise alone.

On 23 May 2016 at 10:22 PM, Amarghh said:

I've been going to Thorpe for over 6 years now every year and I still haven't been on Tidal Wave and probably won't go on it :) 

It used to be my fave ride before I got the courage to do the coasters - I've not ridden it since a rather unfortunate incident back in 2003. 

I've got to confess, the station for Saw terrifies me. The sound effects, the countdown, the screams from around the corner, in fact, I find the dark ride section pretty scary too (me and horror aren't exactly pals). That said, I still ride it every time and face my fears - because it's a coaster and I love coasters.

The dark ride section of SAW is the reason I have no intention of riding it even when I do start riding coasters - the idea of a corpse spitting water in my face doesn't appeal to me. That's the reason I'm not going to be going on DBGT either - despite my frustrations about it not being open.

1 minute ago, ChessingtonSam said:

The dark ride section of SAW is the reason I have no intention of riding it even when I do start riding coasters - the idea of a corpse spitting water in my face doesn't appeal to me. That's the reason I'm not going to be going on DBGT either - despite my frustrations about it not being open.

I wouldn't let the corpse bother you - I didn't even notice it until after I had ridden Saw around 40 times (although admittedly I'm not the most observant of people)

Just now, ChessingtonSam said:

You don't really notice the corpse too much. It's those axes and the spikes board beneath it that give me the creeps.

To be honest, I don't really like horror as a theme for rides. Dark themes are fine, but Horror just isn't for me. I will ride DBGT though.

The scariest station for me is Stealth. Yes. Stealth.

The constant motor revving. The 'place your heads back, face forwards' thingy. The countdown. Watching people launch to 80mph in 2 seconds. It is terrifying :o

Every time I've been on Stealth (which is at least 20 times by now) I get the same sinking feeling, the butterflies in my stomach. Then it launches and it's amazing from that point on!

In relations to the interior of Saw and Sam's post above, the interior isn't all that bad. Yes it's pretty dark, and yes the first time going through it will probably scare you a little. However, unless your scared of Billy (I wouldn't blame you if you are), it isn't the scariest thing to do. The drop is unexpected but thrilling. The arrow shooting thing is a bit rubbish but adds to the ride and the corpse isn't really noticeable. The water rarely splashes you too. So, my inspirational advice, ride it! You really won't regret the decision :)

Just now, CharlieN said:

You don't really notice the corpse too much. It's those axes and the spikes board beneath it that give me the creeps.

To be honest, I don't really like horror as a theme for rides. Dark themes are fine, but Horror just isn't for me. I will ride DBGT though.

Agreed. Then again I was scared on Bubbleworks until about last year so maybe dark rides as a whole aren't great for me.

A confession: The scariest ride I've been on is the Crazy Mouse in Brighton (in terms of, fearing for my life) and the second is CatCF's lift.

1 minute ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Apparently my friend got soaked in the face. Maybe it depends where you sit.

Maybe it does depend on where you sit. I'm honestly not too sure.

I do have another confession..... I've never been to Subway. Ever. In fourteen years. Not once.

Just now, MilesK said:

I do have another confession..... I've never been to Subway. Ever. In fourteen years. Not once.

Join the club, it's just a sandwich isn't it?

Another confession: I find Stealth boring. I used to be like you miles, very excited, nervous and those lights going from red to green would petrify me - this was why I used to love it so much. For 3 years is was my favourite coaster, but one day in May, I rode it thrice, and I was with friends who didn't appreciate Stealth. We kind of got on it without realising and it no longer gave me that thrill and excitement. After 30 rides, it doesn't fulfill my need for thrills anymore.

5 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Apparently my friend got soaked in the face. Maybe it depends where you sit.

For the first year of riding Saw (so upwards of 50 times) I never got wet - didn't even realise water comes out until 2014 when, after exiting the indoor section I said quite loudly "that thing just spat at me"

• 3 weeks later...

I am petrified of ghost trains you find at fairs/some parks. After Terror Castle at Brean, never again! I'm perfectly fine with horror movies and scare attractions and practically everything horror, but I don't know what it is about those ghost trains; I can never go on one.

Dont ask me how I'll survive in the reality distorting, mind derailing one opening soon at a theme park near you...