Riding In The Dark

humjosh

I went to Thorpe Park last night when it was open until 10pm, and was just wondering what everyone thought was the best ride to go on in the dark?Personally, I think that the best rides for the dark are:1st - Rush, because the view is amazing2rd - Stealth, because the view is also amazing3nd - Samurai, because when it is lit up in the dark, it is really fun.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stealth is ok in the Dark but is quite well lit, My favourite have to be (in no particualr order) Samauri, the way its lit and it seems to go much faster (is much faster if you go on one of the last rides). Fantastic rideNemesis (front seat) Coming out of the came into darkness is unbelieveable, and you lose track of where you actually are - great rideFinally Slammer simply as it is a favourite of mineBut its worth noteing that the log flume and the rapids look awesome when the water ways are lit up creates a weird spooky feeling

• 2 weeks later...

Colossus is great in the dark, with very little lights around you, you realy lose track of where you're going, nemesis inferno is OK but not as good as Colossus, and as long as you get a high swing, vortex is also brilliant in the dark :unsure:

• 2 months later...

All the rides look great in the dark but if I had to say which ones stood out more then this is what I think:1-SAMURAI With all the lights lit up it looks freaky but amazing :D 2-Colossus You lose track of where you are when riding and when off ride all the green lights make it look Brilliant! :D 3-STEALTH Front Seat at night: THE BEST! The view from the top looks great with all the lights lit up4-QUANTUM Just like Colossus, the green lights make it look AMAZING! Also like Samurai it looks freaky. :D 5-VORTEX With all the lights and the swing and spin of the ride is jaw-dropping. :DIf you look at the Fright nites 2006 video on fotowhizz you'll see what I mean about Samurai,Colossus and Quantum.(www.fotowhizz.com)

• 1 month later...

The park really comes to life at night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which is why everyone is over the moon about the opening times. Youre right there anyway. It just has a great atmosphere to it. God we should really have a topic about this seasons opening times as everyone is always talking about them in the wrong topics.ADMIN COMMENT: Dont bring it up then :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...