Guildford Meet - Saturday 16th February 2013

AJ

Good morning all of you wonderful people! ;) I'm very excited to officially announce plans for our Guildford Meet! We are going to be holding the event on Saturday 16th February 2013. This date was chosen after this date was the most popular in the poll. It might also be advisable for those attending the Ice skating portion of the event to book your tickets in advance through this website (or by phone which you can find via the link)

http://www.guildfordspectrum.co.uk/content/view/12/44/

You do not need to worry about booking the bowling lanes as I will be sorting this out for us before we get there.

Here is a link so you know how to get there

http://www.guildfordspectrum.co.uk/content/view/14/31/

The Outline of the day will be as follows:

Meet by the stairs outside the Guildford Spectrum between 11:30am and 12pm as shown in a cheeky helpful picture below (in case you don’t know the area). This then gives us time to go into the Spectrum and get are skates and lockers ready to hit the Ice as soon as the session starts at 12:30. Price’s are yet to be confirmed for 2013 but at the moment they are approximately £5.80 for the session and £1.80 for the Skate Hire. During the skating session those who do not want to skate can be a spectator to all the comedy you’ve been framed moments of us falling over (and maybe get the cheeky video clip :P ). The session will finish at 2pm where those who have not come to Skate and only want to show up for the meal and bowling can meet us within the Ice Skating arena. From here this is where times become approximate. We will then go to eat within the spectrum which currently offers a Wimpy (Burgers), Trattoria (Pizza), The View (Like the 360 Bar), Costa Coffee (Coffee ;) )& The Strikes Bar (Drinks), so this should cater for everyone’s different tastes. After we have eaten and before those skaters leave who do not want to bowl we have The Return Of The Group Photo so you can all have a picture to remember your day. Then we will get to play 2 games of bowling which is priced at £5.50 each which should provide a good amusing end to the day.

The event will approximately finish around 6pm if you want a rough estimate and after which you will be free to do whatever you please ^_^ .

I will be handing out my phone number for everyone who is attending the meet that day, should there be any problems. We aim to stay together as a group for the day, going from one activity to the next, enjoying getting to know people you share very similar interests with, the idea is to just go with the flow and enjoy the day with some awesome people. Whilst we cannot force you to stay with the group, it is the general purpose of these meets! You will have my number if you become split so by all means use it. The meets are a fantastic laugh and everyone is invited, even if you’ve never posted before or been to any kind of meet at all. If it's your first meet, I understand it can be nerve breaking - but we were all there at one point so know how it feels, please don't let this stop you from attending - Once there you'll be part of the group in no time!

Once again, everyone will have my phone number so please use it on the day :D If anyone has any issues or concerns or even nervous about coming, feel free to post here, or PM myself and I will get back to you as soon as possible. If you feel like my response is taking too long another member of the team will be more than happy to help. We will all try and help you out as much as we can.

Please PM me or post here to say if you’re attending (and which parts your attending). I’ll update the lists where appropriate!

Meeting place is around these stairs outside the spectrum.

post-3028-0-57483500-1355962400_thumb.jp

Attending Full Meet (12 + 2)

Dan9

Han30 (+ 1 Boris)

IanNem

Jaymie

Marc

Mer

Peaj (+ 1 Husky)

Ricky

Sheepie

Sidders

Smidget

Tommy

Let's make this meet great - and people spread the word!

Edited by Peaj
Poll Closed - Date Confirmed & Addition Of People Attending

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Went Ice skating this afternoon, was utter out of practice could not balance to save my life - my intention being that by the time I see you all in Guildford it'll look like I can kind of skate and can actually chat to some of you rather than be like 'Balance Peaj, Balance' and not actually realising there are people around me as I'm concentrating to much :lol:

So when you see me on the ice just remember I cheated to look that good :ninja:

3 weeks to go whoopee!!!

Unfortunately for me this has fallen foul of its closeness to valentines day. As the only day around that time wifey and I are both off work I'm out with her instead having our valentines evening.

Have a great time though and hopefully I'll be able to make the season opener.

To all you wonderful people attending this fantastic gathering and are going to do some Ice Skating, to avoid any possible disappointment of a full rink - now will be the great opportunity to get your tickets online at the url below

https://spectrumonline.freedom-leisure.co.uk/eSRO/auto_choose_ga.asp?area=82

It should be the skate for all on Sat 16th Feb at 12:30pm to 14:00pm.

Excited much!