Guildford Meet - Saturday 16th February 2013

AJ

Like Han said- amazing meet. Quite a few of us opted to not skate and was quite fun just watching (mocking) people on the ice. Bowling was good if not a bit competitive. I don't appreciate being beaten by a cripple. ;) But the best thing abou these meets, as always, it has to be the people. Thank you to everyone who attended and persuaded me to come- I wasn't originally planning to but really glad I did. Looking forward to seeing all the photos and probably will see most of you again at a Chessington meet coming soon. :)

Bowling was good if not a bit competitive. I don't appreciate being beaten by a cripple. ;)

Just 'cause I'm in the turkey clan and you're not... :rolleyes:;)

Honestly though, so glad I went. Even though I had a few problems with regard to mobility, it was still a great day and Peaj was good organise plenty of things that didn't necessarily require two functioning legs! The bowling was ace, the meal was ace, and so were the people. :) Looking forward to March 24th to see you all again along with even more new faces. :D

Was a fantastic meet. It has been probably one of the best weekends I have had in ages if I'm being totally frank! Thanks for all those that attended, and some of the new faces I have been waiting to meet for ages was well worth the wait. Now have the post meet blues but am just lost for words really as it was just Great!

People who have been taking photos of the meet please send to me via facebook or other methods, so I can pick some from the bunch for our Guildford Picture Story over the next few days.

I look forward to see the majority of you again at Thorpe Park on the 24th March plus more!

I will get round to doing a detailed trip report tomorrow, was too exhaused to do it today and I didn't actually get home until 6:30. Had to walk home :(

Only joking obviously ;) Will explain in my main TR!

But echoing what everyone else said, the meet was just totally amazing. Everything went well from start to finish (apart from Sidders the cripple and Sheepie crushing my finger ;) ), had such a fun time and it was wonderful seeing everyone again, It was lovely to finally meet Han and Dara, and also to meet Alice, her and Peaj make a very cute couple :)

Han is so lovely and didn't make a tit of herself as she anticipated. She's just as bonkers as the rest of us are so had nothing to worry about tbh :P And she is just as funny in person as she is online! Really glad she came and had such a good time and that it boosted her confidence ^_^

Sidders - where do I start? What a legend for still coming to meet despite being on crutches and in pain! Such a lovely guy, felt privelaged to meet him ^_^ Great person to talk to as well and very caring, made me feel a lot better about things that had been troubling me. And his hugs are beyond amazing :D Especially for someone who isn't normally a huggy person.

And agree with Sarah - those bowling shoes/the floor were lethal! I blame them for my lack of success tbh, can't get a good walk up skidding about can ya? Me and Sheepie trod in a sticky patch where coke had been spilt which helped but then it wore off!

Absolutely knackered now, off to bed for a much needed good night's sleep! Photos and TR tomorrow (or today technically)!

The time has come Part 1 of 5 of the Photo Story Trip report is about to be released. What will become of the TPMers this time round and who will win the bowling? All will be revealed over the next 5 days...

After our initial introductions, it was most appropiate to get some of us in a cheesy mosaic 'hello' photo... :wacko:

Very Cautious first steps out onto the ice - Quite a few newbies to the ice... :unsure:

IMG_0829_zps43889f65.jpg

Peaj is very cautious - you can see him so hard trying to balance ^_^

IMG_0885_zps2e088300.jpg

Han30 is being cautious too, after all the worry of falling on the ice is quite high :(

IMG_0835_zps0501e1ef.jpg

Oh No Han30 cannot stop, so there is a horrifying crash, and Boris tries to save her but there is glass in the way :o

IMG_0836_zpsd44b0a19.jpg

Tommy however has got the hang of it! Look at him in the centre of the ice :closedeyes:

IMG_0883_zpsdb4e3d20.jpg

Sheepie starts turning evil and wants to see more crashes so decides to scare as many people as possible by hiding :ph34r:

IMG_0831_zps2bcc76b4.jpg

Husky becomes his first victim and gives a gigantic scream :mellow:

IMG_0844_zpscd000ff9.jpg

^^^ Thanks Mer, but the story has all been written and ready for posting but thank you anyway - However you can use your own on your own Trip Report! ^_^

Welcome to Part 2 of 5 of the Guildford TPM Storyline. We last left you with a hint that Iannem has something up his sleeve...

Peaj see's the evil and tries to skate away as fast as he can, only problem is he cannot balance at all... :unsure:

IMG_0888_zps7398ec7b.jpg

Tommy feels sorrow & worry for Peaj, but he better watch out as we find Dan9 who appears to of been #getcorrected :o

IMG_0882_zps5de54576.jpg

Mer is horrified as she is actually an employee of the Ministry of Joy :ph34r:

IMG_0850_zpsa2eccca5.jpg

Meanwhile, whilst Husky, Sidders & Boris get used to the news of what's happened. Han30 hopes they don't realise she let one loose :mellow:

IMG_0894_zpsff7f29b2.jpg

Sheepie is drawn to the smell and gives Han30 a big bear hug, who worries what a freak he has become being drawn to smells :P

IMG_0893_zpsf52d7d9f.jpg

Join us tomorrow when we leave the ice and make our way to some glourious food and one member finds it difficult to cope with what has happened... :blink:

Welcome to Part 3 of 5 of the Guildford Trip Report. Yesterday we saw the last bit of Ice but where do the TPM adventurers end up next? :huh:

After finding out Iannem works for the ministry of joy. Jaymie ends up turning to drink... :o

IMG_0895_zps3b8c61a1.jpg

Meanwhile Husky enjoys a soft drink whilst Mer finds her pizza way too hot ^_^

IMG_0896_zps5d989deb.jpg

Whilst Mer is still trying to eat the hot pizza, Sheepie is loving it - Jaymie however needs to sort out his drinking problem :P

IMG_0898_zps77ee32da.jpg

Some of the others went to Wimpy and hey look! now they've joined us back :D

IMG_0900_zps21178f7c.jpg

Oh yeah did I forget to mention (as I did on the day :blush: ) that Mer is celebrating hee birthday - 23 you know...

IMG_0908_zpsfe434b24.jpg

Iannem has done some of his nasty work again and it looks like Peaj has become a victim #getcorrected

IMG_0920_zps59b26845.jpg

Before the bowling started - it was an appropiate moment for another group Photo :)

IMG_0901_zps6222c635.jpg

The bowling has begun and Tommy is ready to get his swing into action :closedeyes:

IMG_0915_zpsa96b84be.jpg

Dan9 is the first to gain a strike and is like 'what you looking at, I do this all the time.' It also means Iannem's hold on him is over :ph34r:

IMG_0913_zpsf70f9f26.jpg

Soon after Peaj also gains a strike, so Dan9 and Peaj set up the exclusive 'STRIKE CLUB' :mellow:

IMG_0923_zpsd71b1abd.jpg

So the bowling has begun, who will join Dan9 & Peaj in the exclusive 'STRIKE CLUB' and will anybody be too good for that exclusive club and set up on their own. There's only one way to find out and that's back here on this topic at some point tomorrow... :wub:

You don't look moody in that group photo at all Han, just a sophisticated look about you :lol:

Welcome to Part 4 of 5 of the Guildford Adventure. In the last episode we saw Dan9 and Peaj set up and exclusive 'STRIKE CLUB' will anybody else join? :mellow:

OMG Is that Marc, the owner of TPM, the guy that got skinned in the last trip report for not showing up. Well better late than never I suppose :excl:

IMG_0938_zps6a572773.jpg

Sidders is getting himself syked up to become an exclusive STRIKE member - will he do it? :glare:

IMG_0910_zpsf4408a68.jpg

On the other lanes everybody else is just chilling - it's not the end of the world if you don't get in after all (so they say.... :ph34r: ) Husky stop hogging the photo!

IMG_0911_zps4788b389.jpg

Han30 gets ready for action. Just look at that girl go - she has a right swing on her :wub:

IMG_0924_zpsa076618b.jpg

Meanwhile Sidders scores a strike! Peaj and Dan9 are shocked and disapointed that we won't be the only exclusives after all that time :blink:

IMG_0927_zpsfdc7de01.jpg

Sheepie not wanting to feel left out tries his best to get in the exclusive 'STRIKE CLUB' :closedeyes:

IMG_0928_zps897f5ed2.jpg

And Sheepie STRIKES and joins the club. He is so shocked and overwhelmed by it all - It just bring a tear to my eye - Well done Sheepie! :D

IMG_0929_zps29938c43.jpg

Boris all of a sudden gets two strikes in just a few frames. All of us want her bowling power so tried to draw it from her ;) Sidders however has a cunning plan...

IMG_0961_zpsb68f8488.jpg

Oh no! ANOTHER MERLIN BREAKDOWN!!! Seriously some needs to sort this stuff out :angry2:

IMG_0941_zps1955ffff.jpg

Sidders succeeds with his cunning plan and starts the 'Legendary Turkey Club' of which he is the only member. Anyone else notice his poses are all the same :P

IMG_0925_zps6e29500d.jpg

And there you have it the penultimate episode of the Guildford Adventures. Please come back tomorrow for our Conclusion where you will see all the members of the exclusive 'STRIKE CLUB,' some dancing. The OFFICIAL GROUP PHOTO and most importantly the scores and Ranking of the TPM Bowling competition. Enjoy your day.