What Do You Want/Expect From A TPM Trip?

AJ

How should dates for meets be set?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. When setting dates for meets should they...

• Still continue to be voted for 3 months in advance with the most votes choosing the date
    • Have all the meets with set dates for the year posted at the beginning of each season
    • Other (please state)

Ive never been to a meet before and would feel somewhat nervous, especially seeing as I rarely use forum features like 'chat' or know anyone here on a personal level. Having said that I feel confident enough to give it a go and would certainly be up for one or two meets next year (especially Blackpool providing Uni doesn't interfere). Being 18 in a weeks time should also help me in some respects.

• 1 month later...

Ive never been to a meet before and would feel somewhat nervous, especially seeing as I rarely use forum features like 'chat' or know anyone here on a personal level. Having said that I feel confident enough to give it a go and would certainly be up for one or two meets next year (especially Blackpool providing Uni doesn't interfere). Being 18 in a weeks time should also help me in some respects.

It's perfectly understandable that you would be nervous about coming to your first meet, but from the people who were 'newbies' for meets have all said within ten minutes all that nervousness they had was wiped clear and then felt part of the crowd. I am always just a PM away as well if you have any concerns or just need to get your worries off your chest.

Also there are many people who attend meets who are not the most active forum users and some never use chat either. We also get a couple of recurring guests who are not even on the forum and are accepted in the group quickly as well, so doesn't matter how much you use the forum you are still more than welcome and we always like a new face at a meet.

I look forward to meeting you ^_^

It's perfectly understandable that you would be nervous about coming to your first meet, but from the people who were 'newbies' for meets have all said within ten minutes all that nervousness they had was wiped clear and then felt part of the crowd. I am always just a PM away as well if you have any concerns or just need to get your worries off your chest.

Also there are many people who attend meets who are not the most active forum users and some never use chat either. We also get a couple of recurring guests who are not even on the forum and are accepted in the group quickly as well, so doesn't matter how much you use the forum you are still more than welcome and we always like a new face at a meet.

I look forward to meeting you ^_^

Thanks Peaj! I appreciate the support and encouragement. I have been tempted to go to one of the meets for ages now but feel I am finally ready to give it a go this year. Hopefully I can make it to the Thorpe Park one in March!

• 3 months later...

I would love it if for the 2015 season that maybe we can get a trip abroad to a foreign theme park or two. I say this after following AstroDan's TST trip in germany and france and it seems to fantastically well for them. Obviously it takes A LOT of time and effort to do this but TPM's team is great and I know they could pull it off! I know there would be restrictions too and stuff but, I have every faith TPM could pull it off tbh, obviously not for this year as its too soon, but maybe something next year or the year after, that would be amazing!

I would love it if for the 2015 season that maybe we can get a trip abroad to a foreign theme park or two. I say this after following AstroDan's TST trip in germany and france and it seems to fantastically well for them. Obviously it takes A LOT of time and effort to do this but TPM's team is great and I know they could pull it off! I know there would be restrictions too and stuff but, I have every faith TPM could pull it off tbh, obviously not for this year as its too soon, but maybe something next year or the year after, that would be amazing!

Kinda beat me too it, but agree with this and would love to see a meet abroad in the near future (maybe 2015) as there's so many fantastic themeparks out there in Europe.

Really want to visit Europa or Liseberg. If that fails, DLP's just a Eurostar journey away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a suggestion...

Peaj is obviously a busy man, so is it worth, in future, other people volunteering to write an 'official' trip report for meets?  

I always like reading trip reports in general, the the Meet ones in particular are great (either to relive memories or to see what I've missed out on!).  Plus I think having an official TR always looks good for newer members if they're thinking of going on a trip.  In the past, I've thought about doing a TR, but then end up not doing it as I know there's going to be an official one - and the fact I've usually left an hour or two early ;) - but if I was told to / asked to do an official one, that'd give me more of an incentive. :)

Maybe (particularly for those under 18) make the trips a bit more aware of when they happen? The trips so far have been really well placed time wise, however the blackpool meet is the weekend of the first week back to school for me, and I'm sure it'll be a similar case for others going to school/college, and this time of year is where you really need to turn a new page and work well. If anyone (Peaj xD) needs a list of when terms start ETC they're very easy to find online, or you can just ask me (or I'm sure any other students will still answer). It's just its a bit of a pain if for the first week back to school your teacher gives you loads of book buying and assignments to get started, but you've got a trip to blackpool planned for the whole weekend, you know?

Hi Toofpikk,

We do try our best to fit trips to when the majority of people can make them - this is why usually whenever a trip is announced, all members are given an opportunity to vote for their best date to ensure maximum possible attendance.

Sometimes however if we are given a special privilege like we have been given for the scare tour for Blackpool we have to fit around the place that has kindly offered it to us which I know will not be convenient for everyone.

We do hope you will get the opportunity to experience Blackpool but I may need to refer back to what is initially said in the first post of overnight meets, that state if your 18 and over we can help you with sorting out transport and accommodation but not if your under 18 (but your still welcome to join of course :D ) it's just the forum will take no part in helping your organise your overnight stay as set out in our guidelines to help the safety and welfare of our members with the guidelines we need to abide to legally. This unfortunately means overnight stays the meets won't initially be designed around school term times as the focus group for these overnight meets will not be in school :( (but please remember if you are able to make it your certainly more than welcome to join)

If however you or any otger member has a query in this subject please feel free to PM me or contact me in any other way :D

Hi Toofpikk,

We do try our best to fit trips to when the majority of people can make them - this is why usually whenever a trip is announced, all members are given an opportunity to vote for their best date to ensure maximum possible attendance.

Sometimes however if we are given a special privilege like we have been given for the scare tour for Blackpool we have to fit around the place that has kindly offered it to us which I know will not be convenient for everyone.

We do hope you will get the opportunity to experience Blackpool but I may need to refer back to what is initially said in the first post of overnight meets, that state if your 18 and over we can help you with sorting out transport and accommodation but not if your under 18 (but your still welcome to join of course :D ) it's just the forum will take no part in helping your organise your overnight stay as set out in our guidelines to help the safety and welfare of our members with the guidelines we need to abide to legally. This unfortunately means overnight stays the meets won't initially be designed around school term times as the focus group for these overnight meets will not be in school :( (but please remember if you are able to make it your certainly more than welcome to join)

If however you or any otger member has a query in this subject please feel free to PM me or contact me in any other way :D

Wait so you can't help with transport for people who are under 18?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a suggestion...

Peaj is obviously a busy man, so is it worth, in future, other people volunteering to write an 'official' trip report for meets?  

I always like reading trip reports in general, the the Meet ones in particular are great (either to relive memories or to see what I've missed out on!).  Plus I think having an official TR always looks good for newer members if they're thinking of going on a trip.  In the past, I've thought about doing a TR, but then end up not doing it as I know there's going to be an official one - and the fact I've usually left an hour or two early ;) - but if I was told to / asked to do an official one, that'd give me more of an incentive. :)

I used to write awesome hurrendous quite awesome trip reports all the time, up until around June last year, when I didn't write one for the Inferno ERT meet; for some reason I just lost the desire and interest, and it never really returned :( 

However, now I've seen this, it's got me thinking :D I might do a mini one for Towers, given that the meet isn't exactly fresh in my mind anymore. Never fear - the funny, entertaining memories are still there!

I'd like to be introduced to everybody when its our first meet! Of course we all talk on here but maybe on the meet day a quick 5 or 10 minute introduction saying who we are, what are our hobbies are and our favourite rides or something along those lines :D also I know this is more of a theme park page but maybe 1 or 2 meets a year at funfairs? Not small fairs but ones like the Goose Fair, Winter Wonderland, Hull Fair etc etc! :D

I'd like to be introduced to everybody when its our first meet! Of course we all talk on here but maybe on the meet day a quick 5 or 10 minute introduction saying who we are, what are our hobbies are and our favourite rides or something along those lines :D also I know this is more of a theme park page but maybe 1 or 2 meets a year at funfairs? Not small fairs but ones like the Goose Fair, Winter Wonderland, Hull Fair etc etc! :D

Well we have done Winter Wonderland quite a few times for christmas so we do go to fairs... well just one and at christmas ;)

I'd like to be introduced to everybody when its our first meet! Of course we all talk on here but maybe on the meet day a quick 5 or 10 minute introduction saying who we are, what are our hobbies are and our favourite rides or something along those lines :D

Peaj does actually go around saying who everyone is at the very beginning of the meet. Once everyone has arrived he gathers us round and just says their username and their real name, that's all really, and I feel that's all that's needed. There'll probably be an ice breaker game aswell and honestly you will just find yourself talking and interacting with just about anyone and you'll get to know a few people rather quickly! 

• 2 weeks later...