Next Big Thing - 2016 Development ?

pluk

*sigh* We'll never get a woodie. I'm very sure of that.

I hope not, I'm winging for a Mr Blobby style track. Pink supports with a yellow track.

That track colour would make me blind :P jokes aside I wouldnt mind any colour apart from black/grey.

Whatever it is you can guarantee it will have black track.

If it a woodie, a black track wouldn't suit it, surely not?

As for the coaster, I don't particularly mind what we see, as long as it is a decent ride. I do agree with a woodie though because it would be the one variation of track type in the park. It will be interesting to see what arrives at the park. I don't think that there are particularly many options left in terms of coaster but these are what I could see thorpe having:

Wooden coaster

B&M flyer

Hyper coaster(B&M)

Intamin mega/ giga coaster

Dive coaster

An intamin zacspin would be an option for an investment at thorpe park but I don't think it would be classed as a 'major' investment.

Merged with existing topic.

Now that outlaw run is open and appears to have been something of a success I could see them going for something from Rocky Mountain who can provide something a bit different, and I certainly wouldn't complain about that! Looks awesome.

I wouldn't mind what kind of wooden coaster it was. One like Outlaw Run would certainly be different, and a lot of fun (if Outlaw run is good - I haven't ridden it).

I would imagine that a woodie with inversions would be more popular with most guests at Thorpe - but I could be wrong.

A traditional woodie would be great as well though, I just hope it isn't another steel coaster.

I remember reading a report a while back that stated they would *consider* another 200fter only after Stealth saw through 10 Years of operation or something like that? Note that this only for planning to be considered, that's no guarantee it'd get approved.

And theoretically their ceiling limit due to the airport is something like 1000ft.

I'll try and dig out the report that I read this from.

I'd really like to see something to the likes of an intamin aquatrax or mega-lite (I'd prefer something of a B&M equivelant)

would be really cool if it was as compact as the Smiler and had alot of airtime hills as well as whatever new and quirky thing thorpe are bound to introduce.

In similar with previous cryptic project names - Odyssey, Dylan, Oily Rag, LC12 - the project name for 2015/16's development is "Project Top Spin"

Lolz, anyway, I concur - 2015/16, please please Merlin, no shipping containers, no destruction theme, no option that means that letting a few bits of metal rust in the queue line counts as theming, and no sponsorship ;)