Next Big Thing - 2016 Development ?

pluk

I'd be gutted if Thorpe stopped catering for thrill seekers in future investments... but as it stands, a thrilling family coaster is really needed - fun for everyone (besides young children obviously). This falls into the category of something like Juvelen as mentioned, or personally not so much for the younger end of family thrill seekers, but failing that an intamin mega-lite or mack equivalent.

Looks like a fun ride, but wouldn't want that manufacturer at Thorpe. Thorpe and Merlin can afford better (and probably have good work relationships with the best), and that ride looks like it could develop a terrible rattle in a few years.

In other words - yes to the style of ride (air time, twisty, etc.), no the the manufacturer. :P

Whilst I'm not to sure on Lightning Run (bit of a weird layout really), Morgan DID make (or, rebuild) Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood, and it's an absolute blast of a ride with a whole lot of airtime to boot...

Can't see one coming over to Europe though, but not a company to directly write off...

Looks like a fun ride, but wouldn't want that manufacturer at Thorpe. Thorpe and Merlin can afford better (and probably have good work relationships with the best), and that ride looks like it could develop a terrible rattle in a few years.

In other words - yes to the style of ride (air time, twisty, etc.), no the the manufacturer. :P

I think Chance should have more of an opportunity to show themselves, the owners have said its the smoothest and most fun creation he has ever developed which seeing phantoms revenge, is a bit of a bold statement, plus how would we know it would develop a nasty rattle, to my knowledge, the other Morgan coasters haven't had rattles, although they are positively dull, I think its quite good, I'd rather ride that over a vekoma, S&S and Zamperla for example, it looks good, I would like to see something like this in Europe soon.

Also they chose Gerstlauer 2 times and look how that panned out for them :P

I'm sure Cedar Point fans thought similarly when Magnum XL was built...

And Millenium Force...

Yeah but 'murca. Bigger is better and all that. Definitely wouldn't work in the UK. We're far too cynical. Just look at the general opinion when Canada's Wonderland built Leviathan...

I would be so up for an Intamin launched motorbike coaster though. Juvelen would do very nicely if it had better (less sporadic) themeing.

GladiatorFanKyle has a point; a Giga coaster could be plausible - but then you could have a B&M hyper at an unusual small height.

Thorpe could benefit from a lap bar, airtime coaster. Almost like the woodie they proposed; but made of steel, so there's no alleged claims of being unsafe from the general public.

Have said it before but would love to see a Mavericks type ride at thorpe, fast, fun and filled with airtime but not overly intense looking too.

It's not THAT airtime filled... Indeed, it mostly focuses on the tight transistions and odd inversion... Same goes for iSpeed after the initial launch/top hat...

I also would hesitate to call it a multiple launching ride, as the first 'launch' goes at a constant slow speed and is essentially a lift hill...

Also, those restraints are just vile </3

Wouldn't say no, but it woldn't be my first choice... Mack would probably do an infinitely better version...

Am I right in thinking that the new coaster are started planning like 5 or 6 years in advance? If so then couldn't that mean that being 1 or 2 years away from construction, which I assume would be late in the planning phase, that Thorpe would have already chosen the manufactures? Wouldn't this then mean that even though Mack have built some good coasters recently that its kinda too late for Thorpe to change it? Just wondering, I&#39;m probably completely wrong ! :P

Am I right in thinking that the new coaster are started planning like 5 or 6 years in advance? If so then couldn't that mean that being 1 or 2 years away from construction, which I assume would be late in the planning phase, that Thorpe would have already chosen the manufactures? Wouldn't this then mean that even though Mack have built some good coasters recently that its kinda too late for Thorpe to change it? Just wondering, I'm probably completely wrong ! :P

Coasters are planned in advanced by a few years. It is likely that a manufacture has been chosen but depending on how far they are with the manufacture it could change. If it was 2 years to then I would imagine the manufacture is locked in however if the ride is delayed until 2017 there is still room to change manufacture but it would be too late to change the entire ride.

I wouldn't mind this or something similar at thorpe, it is called Lightning Run at Kentucky Kingdom, in the US, built by Chance Morgan, it's small but very fast, very airtimey, and very twisty! Looks awesome in my opinion!

Looks ideal. I was thinking something like the first section of 13 at Alton Towers, which when I visited earlier this year was a great run through the Forrest with some nice airtime. But obviously longer than that first section and without the gimmicks.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

Rumours on Screamscape are suggesting that Thorpe may be getting a Doctor Who themed attraction next year, I don't know where the rumours have come from, but I imagine that relationship formed between Merlin and the BBC for CBeebies Land may have fuelled the rumours some what.

Doctor Who would be a good IP choice for the park I think.

However, I wouldn't want to see another IP. There's already Saw and AB Land, plus the Dr Pepper sponsorship on Tidal Wave. That's enough for a park of Thorpe's size I think!

While I agree to a certain extent on the IP front, I can see Dr Who being an incredibly versatile theme. I think it would absolutely have to be a dark ride for it to work in anyway, but if done smartly enough they could make it so it could be updated as the show changes. Look at Wonder Mountain Guardian for example, that has been tooled in such a way that the ride theme can be changed in an instant, which is already evident with the promise of a special Halloween experience coming later in the year.

If they could make a dark ride that could be updated in such a way, it would not only fill a gap in Thorpe's ride line-up, but also allow it to stay relevant for many years to come. Although in reality, I think we would've seen some kind of activity, if there was going to be a major dark ride at the park next year, so unfortunately I think this is all just blue sky thinking at the moment.