Thorpe Park Open Season Trip 2013

AJ

Yep it was Ellie ^_^

And for those who didn't catch it - you can thank the spooning fun from the creator Ellie ;) Just a shame she couldn't make it to compete.

It started as sporking with Chris and I but I turned it into spooning :)

I've heard it had some weird rules?! Hope you guys haven't ruined my game ;)

Had a fantastic day on the 24th with the Meet and every thing great fun indeed and this time I mingled with people and got to know them better :P which is a plus. the ride count was fantastic got on all the rides in operation apart from Inferno :( But not to worry the Detty marathon and The TPM'ers ride on the Banana boat was great fun here as an Image of some fellow TPM'ers after I #Braveditbackwards 599468_579138415443934_1390892673_n.jpg

Part one of my Trip Report.

As far as I am aware last Sunday was the first time I have ever had to scrape snow off of my car before a Theme Park trip.

IMAG1256resized.jpg

It was also possibly the earliest I have ever arrived at a park before opening.

IMAG1257editedresized.jpg

Where is everybody?

IMAG1258resized.jpg

Once the team had arrived we hit the rides. Here Peaj and other TPM members get ready to ride Detonator.

IMAG1262resized.jpg

Later on Mark9, was one of the last two players competing in the TSMTTT... the TPM SWARM Merlin Top Trumps Tournament!

IMAG1263resized.jpg

But in the end scarycoasterboy was the winner of the March 2013 heats.

IMAG1264resized.jpg

I have to admit that Tidal Wave was looking quite nice on Sunday...

IMAG1265resized.jpg

But who would be foolish enough to ride it in the almost freezing weather? Find out in part 2!

Right I've finished my project at work so FINALLY I can give you PART 1 of 5 of the trip report. Kudos To Phill to keep it going whilst I have been busy! ^_^

There was too much choice regarding photos this time around to narrow it down to 50, which made it very difficult to choose the best one's for the TPM Adventurers story! So I hope we got a few of the best. Sorry for those I may not have included but I have tried my best.

So let us begin - what will we find out in the first part of the open meet :ninja:

After Peaj losing his wallet from the last trip - Sidders continues this TPM lost wallet curse :unsure: - but thankfully for both their belongings were at Guest Services!

1_zps2852dd50.jpg

Whilst Peaders were panicking Mark9 is impressed that Slammer is working despite the cold :D

2_zps63ec7b68.jpg

So Impressed in fact, that Tommy runs around in celebration ;)

3_zps76605170.jpg

Unfortunately Sidders they'll be no Nemesis Inferno today :P EC! gets worried for his safety whilst Ryan feels smug about riding Slammer!

4_zps9068b1cb.jpg

To make up for this disappointment - we decide to #BraveItTunnelless :blink:

5_zps2e4488d1.jpg

And then Ryan ride's Rocky Express whilst it's snowing :huh:

6_zpscd19e35d.jpg

It was time for Rumba and this motley crew spent ages posing for a photo, when they saw my camera :rolleyes: Talk about desperate!

7_zps25211e7c.jpg

We then found out how Thorpe Park get Stealth to work in the freezing cold.....They loosen it up with....WD40 B)

8_zps2c53b9e8.jpg

It's time for some Fishy Fun with C1hrisin and Jody :blush:

9_zpsc5314c5c.jpg

Everyone then gathers round at THE SWARM to start SPOONING :o - You dirty minded individuals, it's a game we played - but you can't drop your spoon!

10_zps2b9a2ec6.jpg

And there we have it Part 1 is before you to enjoy and thank you all for your patience - it's been hectic this week! But what will happen in the future episodes of this Thorpe Park open meet 2013? Who knows, but I do know that some of those spoons will make it to the end, Dan9 comes to join after his awful nightmare and Ryan starts a new career. Read more tomorrow at some time near you :closedeyes:

Thanks Peaj, now in what may be quite a confusing fashion here is part 2 of my account of the meet. :P

So at the end of part one we wondered who would be foolish enough to ride Tidal Wave in the freezing cold temperatures of last Sunday...

IMAG1267resized.jpg

The only two foolish adventurous enough to #BraveItFreezing were Peaj and Sidders!

IMAG1268resized.jpg

I don't know about you, but they don't look wet enough for me... should we send them round again?

IMAG1269resized.jpg

To our amusement and against all sanity they actually decided to ride again.

IMAG1273resized.jpg

I don't think they enjoyed the second wave very much...

IMAG1275resized.jpg

Just look at the pain on their faces and those pink hands!

IMAG1275closeupresized.jpg

Maximillion found their new 'wet look' hilarious...

IMAG1276resized.jpg

So he got a wet slap in the face. Lovely new shoes there by the way Peaj, you trend setter!

IMAG1277resized.jpg

To be honest I'm not sure how these two lasted until the end of the day, they may have been chilled to the bone but look they still kept hold of their spoons!

IMAG1278lighterresized.jpg

After a much needed and warm rest and food session in Bar 360 we hit the park again.

By around 3pm the park had started to close more rides due to the falling temperatures, however these were soon replaced by super fast Peaj piggybacks!

IMAG1279resized.jpg

Maximillion and Peaj

IMAG1280resized.jpg

After a great but rather cold day at the park, a number of us then went for a meal at Frankie and Benny's in Staines.

Despite being one of the last to leave Thorpe Park's car park I was the first to arrive at our table. "Where is everyone... was it something I said?"

IMAG1281resized.jpg

Thankfully everyone else eventually arrived, before I received too many strange looks and much eating, drinking and chatting was had by all!

Thanks again to Peaj and everyone that attended for a really fun day!

Welcome to Part 2 of 5 (Another Part 2 - who have we managed to confuse :P ) Today is a Saturday in fact in between the Easter extravaganzas :o so what situations will we find our TPM adventurers in today?

A divide in the group has been created - Sidders moans and points his spoon at the group going to the front as it ain't Inferno :glare:

11_zpsd82fbd7e.jpg

However us Backster's know we have made the right choice clutching onto our spoons :mellow:

12_zps92da8791.jpg

And we were right as we waltzed past the people queuing for the front - they were extremely annoyed :angry:

13_zps265638a1.jpg

Turtle & Tommy #BraveItBackwards and as we went past the fronties Tommy starts getting intimidating :huh:

14_zps91fb1ca0.jpg

Here's a general picture of THE SWARM - Can anyone see the two TPM Adventurers who have been captured? :unsure:

15_zps76162e22.jpg

These TPM Adventurers may have got captured by THE SWARM - but they have still managed to keep hold of their spoons! The look so proud :closedeyes:

16_zps9f98782d.jpg

On the way back to the main park - Two mischief makers (Tommy & Turtle) do some mad thing to Peaj - I still have no idea what they were playing at :wacko:

17_zpseb4d51df.jpg

Phill Pritchard, Mark9, Peaj & ScaryCoasterBoy have a race down Depth Charge (Glorious Fun :D ) in a rush to see...

18_zps082d3fd7.jpg

Dan9 who is surprisingly cheerful after a nightmare journey :ninja:

19_zpsdc7c3cd5.jpg

This then gets Ryan practising his run for his upcoming audition for the return of Baywatch. :lol:

20_zps2aa86a23.jpg

But who is Ryan running to save? Who else joins the adventure when these lovely TPMers stuff their face and why does Dan9 become so scared? Your more than welcome to find out tomorrow when some more spooning takes place and you'll see a panasomic photo B)

Toodle Pip!

So here we are. A week on from the trip we are now exactly half way through the trip report at Part 3 of 5. (geez that's a bit delayed ain't it :blink: ) So what mishaps will we see our TPM Adventurers get up to today? That's bring you back to last time when Ryan was practising his Bay Watch run to go and save someone - but where?

Ryan has run to a Tidal Wave as a couple of idiots have put themselves on their in minus degrees :o

21_zps40e2849e.jpg

The pain in Sidders & Peaj's face :lol: Serves them right!

22_zpse0c55651.jpg

Meanwhile Dan9 gets ready to face his fears on Detonator whilst Mark9 & Turtle sort themselves out B)

23_zps287f659f.jpg

We make our way to Bar 360 to find Smidget, Iannem & Marc standing around - I wonder if Iannem has an evil plan today I wonder :ph34r:

24_zps7db3c072.jpg

After a long wait, Mark9 & Dan9 are ecstatic to see their food arrive :D

25_zps8369aa8a.jpg

And Ryan then decides to pray to a tomato - hoping he has passed his audition :P

26_zps1aa3b451.jpg

Peaj on the other hand, does no praying and just scoffs the tomato down with his burger and spoon still in hand :mellow:

27_zpsa718b5d4.jpg

After lunch, Peaj, TopsyTurvy15, EC!, Maximillion & Sidders decide to spoon on Quantum to ensure their food settles down perfectly ;)

28_zps51b58d06.jpg

For some more Stomach food settling fun - we all then have a nice ride on Mr Monkey's Banana Boat Ride :) Mark9 looks unsure about this....

29_zpsb2535170.jpg

Everyone has loads of fun - so there's only one thing for it - PANORAMIC SHOT - Love this pic :wub:

30_zps635d1124.jpg

So you have survived Part 3 of 5 of the Peajinators trip report. But what will you find in store in the penultimate episode. Well one thing I can tell you is that Iannem is successful in carrying out another one of his evil plans. Maximillion becomes a hugging virus and there is lots of drama happening down the rapids in the village of rumba :rolleyes: So please join me next time at don't know'o'clock tomorrow - where you will see the penultimate episode :unsure:

So here we are - back again (quite late on a Sunday evening) for the penultimate episode of the TPM Thorpe Park Open Meet - That is part 4 of 5 you know ;)

So we last left you with a lovely PANORAMIC PHOTO (always goes to caps - I have no idea why?) of us on the monkey boat - however it's getting really cold now so I think it's time to take advantage of those free hot drinks they give you after 3pm :ninja:

Dan9 gets very excited for his Hot Chocolate ^_^

31_zpsb2c28293.jpg

IanNem then thinks of an evil cunning plan whilst preparing his Hot Chocolate :o

32_zpsccd9df13.jpg

And makes Ryan have an accident :lol:

33_zps69ce2180.jpg

So Back to Rumba where we find Phill Pritchard calm and composed B) and the group behind us getting right into the rapids.

34_zpsf0007f8f.jpg

However the Rapids become to much for Sidders and Maximillion (Now Cornflakes :wacko: ).

35_zpsd0e3f8c1.jpg

So JackStevens217 laughs as Sidders squirm after he is hit :P

36_zps22e52b19.jpg

However for ScaryCoasterBoy he just loves getting splashed :D nothing can scare him....

37_zps91931330.jpg

Until the hugging virus of Cornflakes (Maximillion) - He just takes hold and you can't get away :unsure:

38_zps35fd23bc.jpg

JackStevens217 defends for his life - hoping he doesn't follow the sad loss of ScaryCoasterBoy to that contagious virus :excl:

39_zps52330b2a.jpg

After the hugging virus (TopsyTurvy15s spoon is still safe :blush: - phew) has past it was time for a Detty Marathon - And here are the survivors :closedeyes: Ec! Just about

40_zps580fd998.jpg

So there we have it the penultimate episode and there is still one more to go - you lucky peeps :) But how much more Spinning can we take? Do we come across the mad hatter from wonderland? Who will win the Spooning competition? Find out tomorrow lunch time (I hope) where you will find the final part of the trip report along with the OFFICIAL GROUP PHOTO!!! Everybody Cheer WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (O.K. I've just run out of breath)

Despite the weather, I had a fantastic time, thanks to Peaj for organising it and thanks to everyone else for making me feel really welcome, hopefully next I wont pull such silly faces :D and it will be hotter, mind you I think it will be hotter July, touch wood! :D

So here it is the final part 5 of 5 is here below ready to be seen. We have finally got there over a week on. So after the Detty Marathon what will be finally revealed in the last leg of our journey... :ph34r:

To celebrate the detty achievement and now the hugging virus has infected us all - It was time for a spinning version of THE HUG :blink:

41_zps8c2588e9.jpg

To keep ourselves spinning we clumsily walked over to the storm in the teacup, where Top Trumps were played B)

42_zpsc9f50f04.jpg

Which was watched over by a different perspective by the Mad Hatter herself Han30 :P (who don't like spinning - Mad I tell you :P )

43_zps3802a0e9.jpg

To continue more spinning we stumbled our way to Zodiac - just so we can lock JackStevens217 up ;)

44_zps837aa5c2.jpg

However after all this the cold took as over and turned us to Beetroot :unsure:

45_zps5b74a0df.jpg

So it was sadly time to go inside. OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGG everyone has been taken over by some unseen force :o

46_zps8632f558.jpg

TopsyTurvy15 still has his spoon you know :blush: In fact I believe he is the last one standing!

47_zps729c07b8.jpg

TopsyTurvy15 therefore wins the Easter Egg - Give us a jump for joy TopsyTurvy15 :lol:

48_zps2bcc8b94.jpg

MattyMoo is very pleased for the champion of spooning 2013 :rolleyes:

49_zpsf9da3067.jpg

And to sum our adventure up - Here is the OFFICIAL GROUP PHOTO for the Open Meet at Thorpe 2013 :D . Everyone go Awwwwww....

50_zpsa1993b0b.jpg

Thanks everyone for a fantastic day - And it was great for such a large group (especially of recent times) to stick together. I really liked meeting the new faces as it was good to see some different dynamics and It was also great to catch up with some of you regulars. It really makes me happy to be part of it all ^_^ .

So Next trip is Chessington and I hope to see a lot of you there again as it'll be a great fun day out, plus we can try out the new Zufari: Ride Into Africa. It'll also be good to see some new faces also and if you just have a hint at wanting to go - I highly recommend them as your guarenteed to not be disapointed with the great bunch of people we have at the moment.

Look out tomorrow when there will be another exciting announcement - I wonder what it will be?