Chessington TPM Trip

AJ

They certainly wouldn't let u go on another TPM meet if u were found out, I had to ask my parents but then again I'm living in cardiff. Still its better to ask, it would be better, you not goin to this one cos your parents said u couldnt and the u can go on future meet when u were aloud, then lying and sneaking to chessie and getting found out and then gettin banned from ever goin again, so I would just ask, gives your parents piece of mind then.

Without it seeming like we're ganging up on MarkC because, sometimes a little white lie works but, talking from experience, do not ever, never, lie to your parents about who you're going to theme parks with! :P

I'm still feeling the repercussions from when I thought it would be okay to lie, but now my mum knows about TPM, you guys and how friendly you all are, she's fine with it... yes parents are certainly going to be worried if you've never met us in person but maybe showing them the meet thread, the plan for the day, speaking to one of the reasonable people on here! They will feel more comfortable about letting you go.

Maybe its different because I lived miles away from where I was visiting, and when my parent found out, its not like they could come get me so it seems alot more worse! But still, I can't stress enough how important it is to tell your parents where you're going and who with! In this day & age they have all right to be worried for your safety So tell them!! :)

Note - This isn't an "don't come unless you've told your parents Mark" rant, its an reasonable explanation to why you should be honest!

Can I just point out please that TPM does not in anyway approve of lies and deceit to come to a TPM meet.

By attending you are confirming that you have been given consent from a parent or guardian if you are under 18. Someone needs to know where you are and who you are with for your own safety!

By telling us that your parents do not know the actual situation we sadly cannot accept you attending. This is because as a group we are not covered to take responsibility for you!

I will update the what to expect from a meet topic as this is very important stuff - I suggest mark you get this sorted and inform your parents! (PM sent)

My number is handed out to those attending the week before an I'm more than happy for parents to use it if need be but you need to be honest!

Asked my mum who said yes aslong as I take a packed lunch.... Typical parents... :rolleyes:

Ummm.... Ok?

I would just like to point out here that you are very lucky. I doubt when I ask my mum she will let me come and if she does it will take a whole lot of persuading. So if I were you I would count yourself as very lucky as I am unlikely, but hopefully, going to come to this meet!

2) By lying about it you're making us look like a bunch of paedophiles, which we're not

Totally agree. You hear about all these stories where a teenager goes off and meets someone they met online, which can be dangerous. The next minute, some bad news could make the headlines...

Meeting people you've never met before on a first TPM meet could be seen as potentially risky by your parents. And I'm sure they would be disappointed if they found out you lied to them. If you came and then went home and admitted to your parents who you were really with, I would think good on you. To lie from the beginning is a no.

I would take a leaf out ot Matt Creek's book and show him this topic, then your parents might let you go. Then again, it could set alarm bells off in their heads and they'd be very worried.

By the way, Matt Creek, good on you. ;)

Please MarkC, I'm not judging you, and don't take this the wrong way. This is not criticism, we're steering you in the right direction here and protecting you. I've made mistakes similar to these in my life and faced the consequences before kicking my own arse.

keep-calm-and-never-lie-6.png

I'm not coming anyway - my parents other plans are preventing me.

Who will be victorious? Will will defeat others in battle? Who will end up leading the biggest EMPIRE to win the prize?

When you receive a PM from me later today when I release my contact details - It will come along with a question, please respond to me with an answer but under no circumstances release your answer to anyone until the battles have been won at the CWOA meet.

I look forward to seeing you all there :D

I'll be working this day, I'll be at Tomb and Rattlesnake, maybe Toadies. I know I don’t post here too much anymore but still if you guys see me say hi, (Look out for a guy with blond hair, short back and sides and of course my name badge will say Jake) I will try make your rides a little more interesting too :P