Wicker Man

EC!

I believe the flume replacement plans were for 2014 but are no longer on the cards. That doesnt mean they will never happen though. But SW8 is unlikely to be there even though I would love a pirate themed woodie that starts there and scoots out down the side of the park, which was also mentioned a while ago. Just think of a huge pirate ship as the station sitting on the flume lake, it would have been magnificent.

Why are people hating on The Flume? It's the best Merlin log flume by far (bar Tidal Wave), and at the moment the only intact one!

I wouldn't mind it so much if it didn't constantly throw you from side to side just by going around any turn.

For me, the best Merlin flume goes to the Pirate Falls at Legoland. Slightly biased view considering I grew up with it but still. ;)

If any UK park are going to bring back the woodie, I think it deserves to be Alton. Unfortunately, my gut instinct tells me it will be another steel.

Which area do you guys honestly think it will be, because if the woodie cross valley plans were scrapped then maybe that wont be a good location, I have heard about the Air Carpark and The flume as mentioned above, but which is more likely?

My problem with the Air Carpark is that the park is just growing towards the Hotels and if they keep doing that it will beome even more unballanced. I do think the car parks will be used, but I think this will be for a down town experience rather than a coaster.

Can I throw a spanner or two into the works. Look at the distribution of rides per area.

Xsecor - 2 coasters

Forbidden Valley - 2 coasters

Uggland/Dark Forrest - 2 coasters

Katanya Canion - 1 coaster

Farmyard/Adventureland - 1 coaster (spinball)

Merry England/pirateland - 0 coasters

Towers Street - 0 coasters

Cloud Cuckoo Land - 0 coasters

Next year, I hear Towers are getting a retheme of the farmyard and spinball area. There are alot of runours that Spinball might be already sold/promised to another park. Maybe this retheme is going to reshape that area completely and maybe we will see a new area arriving which will maybe leave space for a new SW?

There were also, a few years ago, rumours that one of the future SW's wasnt going to be a coaster. I think this sparked from a question asked to JW himself who said a SW dsoesnt have to be a coaster.

Getting permission for a building on a large enough scale to house a SW scale dark ride would be a problem anywhere in the park I'd imagine. Shame, I'd love one too.

Like Revenge of the mummy at universal! Ooh I'd love that!

Something more like Spiderman/Potter would be my preference.

For the sake of discussion I'm going to ignore the huge legal and monetary issues and just say there is a difference between effects such as The Swarm's fireball that enhance a ride and almost all of the effects found on Spider-Man/Harry Potter which are required to tell a story. Even one of the effects breaking can destroy the ride experience. If a company can't consistently get some water fountains or mist working then I have doubts about their ability to make something more complex.

• 1 month later...

It's such a shame they can't go to high because of the towers

On the contrary, we don't have cookie cutter rides like the majority of the rides in America because Towers can't just throw a ride at a place, they have to carefully plan them out to the letter. That brings out far more imagination and creativity in the designers then just throwing a ride at a plot of land imo.