Wicker Man

EC!

Thing is, if they tried to do a Spiderman style dark ride, it would be a budget Spiderman dark ride (compared to the original).

Which is why after Sub Terra I doubt they will try to do a dark ride. They also have Hex!

I dunno, I just can't imagine it. Saying that, I never imagined something like N:ST popping up there, so...

there is rumours that a broomstick thrill ride is going to be made, this was going to be sw7 {the smiler} but it got pushed back. this ride will include passengers feel like they are flying on a broomstick. this will be located in gloomy woods, next to duel, and will have you swooping in and out of the woods, john wardley is planning to make this ride as soon as possible.

there is rumours that a broomstick thrill ride is going to be made, this was going to be sw7 {the smiler} but it got pushed back. this ride will include passengers feel like they are flying on a broomstick. this will be located in gloomy woods, next to duel, and will have you swooping in and out of the woods, john wardley is planning to make this ride as soon as possible.

The Broomstick coaster was only a fanmade concept, it was never planned to be built at Towers. There were multiple concepts before The Smiler was eventually settled on, but a broomstick coaster was never actually considered.

The Broomstick coaster ..., it was never planned to be built at Towers. There were multiple concepts before The Smiler was eventually settled on, but a broomstick coaster was never actually considered.

I'll think you'll find it was, long before the Smiler or Thirteen, but it was a real planned concept nearly 10 years ago.

I just keep getting annoyed that the planned concept would have been so much better than Rita as it appears to be hard to fit any other type of ride (besides launch due to minimal height being needed), and would have added another ride to gloomy woods which is dying for something! then imagine what could have become of UG land and had something else instead of Dark Forest & Thirteen; I get really annoyed about it, wish I'd never heard of the plans! a basic layout with not much height would have been acceptable on a motorbike style seating position, but as rita is, it just doesn't really do anything for me - ah well what's done is done haha!

I swear I heard recently about John Wardly in an interview saying about how he had all these different ideas and plans, and merlin kept pushing him to create world firsts, as that's clearly what they want to market rather than a great solid ride (nemesis is the only example of this in the park! well and now the smiler although the whole 14 loops thing is such a gimmick)... he had plans for a Stand Up Coaster that would dive underground as one of the features, and it would be located in the katanga canyon...

I think like they did with The Smiler, they have a few other places they can squeeze/fit a coaster in before they create a car park coaster akin to six flags just a lot smaller and well subsequently rubbish, and wouldn't even have a level of themeing to try and make it good!

• 10 months later...

Basically, you know the wooden zacspin Thorpe are getting, clone that but make it bigger and faster and do 15 inversions because why not? That's clearly what the public want.

Ā 

But seriously, I'm led to believe it is what was originally planned for SW7 but once again B&M were a bit slow in perfecting the concept so Smiler happened (great) and we will see it in 2017 if all goes to plan.

Whatever happened to the across valley double lift hill intamin woodie Alton had planning permission to get? eyyyy?

Ā 

http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/history/plans/woodie.htm

Ā 

Withdrew the application due to concerns from the council it would seem. Ā 

Ā 

The next two coasters to be installed at Alton Towers ended up being Spinball and Rita. Ā Yay.