Wicker Man

EC!

This all just reminds me of a time when someone said here ageeees ago that the coaster near loggers (which we now know is Saw) was going to be like Air. Something Along the lines of Air is coming to Thorpe Park.

There was a B&M flyer planned over the Loggers lake and what is now the Saw area, concept art had been created and all (brown track, eagle type theme I believe). However as already discussed, plans can easily change for reasons unknown to us. Staff find out all kinds of info, and marketing even ask staff to leak certain stories sometimes too.

At the end of the day, things can change and we won't know this for a while.

Cross Valley would be an enormous surprise as almost everyone apart from us are against it!

It's coming up with the "this page cannot be found" link, is this the same for anyone else?

EDIT:  Found the link, it's exciting but I'm not going to get excited yet, wasn't it them who tried to tell us that The Smiler would have a washing machine element if I remember rightly?  :lol:

It's coming up with the "this page cannot be found" link, is this the same for anyone else?

EDIT:  Found the link, it's exciting but I'm not going to get excited by something they say, it was them who tried to tell us that The Smiler would have a washing machine element if I remember rightly?  :lol:

This information all comes from a public screening, of which a document from the council can be found here:  http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/portal/servlets/AttachmentShowServlet?ImageName=101930

Launched RMC.

I hope not, I would much rather see an all round good coaster rather than another one that relies on gimmicks.

However, this isn't to say that a RMC wouldn't be good, I haven't ever been on one but they don't appeal to me as much as traditional wooden coasters.

A launched RMC would hardly be a gimmick because that has no selling point to the general public. It would just be a way for the ride to gain sufficient speed to last a decent length circuit, which is surely something everyone would want no?

If an RMC was launched it would hardly be a gimmick because that has no selling point to the general public. It would just be a way for the ride to gain sufficient speed to last a decent length circuit, which is surely something everyone would want no?

• 2 months later...

Screamscape mentions that 'a trusted source' has told him SW8 is on hold, or may never come to be, as they deal with The Smiler blacklash.. Truth, or just Screamscape??

I expected this to be delayed, but hope that it's not shelved completely.

That's a load of rubbish I reckon. The Flume's got a good few years left (scarily), and they've certainly got the manufacture wrong.

As Benin said, I'd imagine they'd want to push forward with the development, to allow for a new major coaster to shadow The Smiler. They'll want something else to take the spotlight basically.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure it can be a trusted source. In my eyes, if anybody has been told anything of sorts, there is no way they would be allowed to post about it as a trusted(ish) source. Sensitive topics like this will always be kept close the to people involved and no one more.