Wicker Man

EC!

Two or more rides could replace The Flume:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/alton-towers-could-open-two-11054888

Seems to match with the rumor regarding an Intamin two-ride project for 2017/2018 (Wooden coaster and new flume ride)...

Dammnnnnnnn Jart, back at it again with the exciting rumours.

I am worried it's not going to be a coaster (I'm still annoyed at WC16 for not being one...), but I am pleased to see that a large scale SW investment is happening for 2017 or 2018... as I thought with TLC in place and the rumours that the cross valley woodie had been scrapped (or whatever it was supposed to be), that we would only be getting upgraded rides and refurbishments over these next 3 seasons, with an uncertain future ahead of that. :)

we havent seen a new uk merlin coaster for a while now (I think thorpe were due one last year) maybe it could be an s&s 4d like the joker at six flags great adventure that would leave a lot of extra space for development and would be a uk's first

no-gif.gif

That would be a terrible idea. Cheap, gimmicky, not fitting with the landscape and something that would make even Rita look good.

This coaster needs to be a good one of which. If it's even a coaster to begin with.

we havent seen a new uk merlin coaster for a while now (I think thorpe were due one last year) maybe it could be an s&s 4d like the joker at six flags great adventure that would leave a lot of extra space for development and would be a uk's first

no-gif.gif

That would be a terrible idea. Cheap, gimmicky, not fitting with the landscape and something that would make even Rita look good.

This coaster needs to be a good one of which. If it's even a coaster to begin with.

I'm not saying thats what I want them to put in but with all the gimmicks and worlds firsts that merlin use to market their new coasters I can see them putting in something like that

I'm hoping for either a  b&m wing coaster or a mack multi launch

Why would it be a wing coaster? The SW8 series are meant to be innovative and world first concepts (or record breakers). Merlin already have three wing riders, do they need another? Although I doubt a Mack multi launch wouldn't really fit the SW8 banner, I really want one so can't complain!

I know it wouldnt really be anything new but wing coasters are my favourite type of coaster

mack have been doing a lot of crazy stuff lately, I wouldnt be surprised if SW8 was a new type of mack coaster

I understand thus far all SW's have had some kind of world first element but really feel the more they use that as a requirement for a ride to classified SW, the more they really start to clutch at straws in the marketing or even what to draft up as a ride concept. It's how you end up with World's first coaster with Burberry designed restraints (wouldn't shock me if that was a thing).

Just give the guests a solid ride experience with proven elements. Yes, add something to the mix so it isn't totally run off the mill (No SLC's please) but something classically great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A decent multi launch hugging the ground a bit like maverick would make for an amazing ride and one that would benefit Alton's line up greatly. However I doubt this ride will be that. I feel this is going to be a family friendly world's first gimmick. I don't think SW8 will be a flume replacement. I feel Merlin have enough sense to know a high investment long flume would not bring a very big return.

I'm not disagreeing with that point about the log flume, but knowing Merlin they'll stick some actor heavy attraction in there nobody wants that'll close in 3 years - I'm just assuming DBGT is actor heavy based of their presentation thingy, hopefully it isn't and I'm completely wrong, but you only have to look at all the actor heavy recent additions to see what could potentially be put in there.