Wicker Man

EC!

Well we are currently running at just under one page per day (11 pages /13 days ) so I estimate that we will have 150 pages by the time we get some solid news (I.e. planning permission) as they normally put planning permission in around the end of august beginning September a year and a half before it goes live if they are planning a SW.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not directly related to SW8 but does anyone know if the ride hosts on other rides are told what SW8 is going to be? I've been arguing in the YouTube comments with a guy who is adamant that he's been told by his ride host friend what SW8 is.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

It's not directly related to SW8 but does anyone know if the ride hosts on other rides are told what SW8 is going to be? I've been arguing in the YouTube comments with a guy who is adamant that he's been told by his ride host friend what SW8 is.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

They won't have a clue, especially this far in advance.

Life tip, never argue with people in YouTube comments ;)

The staff will start rumouring just like us. They will be updated in time about future developments but not until the park itself is ready to announce anything as they know, with staff like that they could be part of a forum and post what they know or just tell one person which then becomes 2 and so on.

Just a thought.

If this is going to be a wooden roller coaster or an RMC that doesn't have a world first feature then I don't think it will end up with the codename SW8. The coasters that have been giving an SW are all world first coasters (apart from Nemesis but it was a Europe's first).

But if this is going to be a world first wooden coaster then they'll definitely codemane it SW8.

Any ideas for world first wooden coasters?

(apart from Nemesis but it was a Europe's first).

Air wasn't a world's first either. It was Europe's first flying coaster, not the world's.

I suppose you could argue that air is the world's first B&M flying coaster though! ;)

The longer we wait for an announcement, the more I pray that SW8 will be an RMC. I'm sure AT would settle for a Europe's first with an RMC too. E.G: Europe's first launched wooden coaster or Europe's first wave turn Etc.

Also, it makes me laugh how Google maps has already labelled SW8 and this picture shows off the space AT have to work with.

image_zpsgvgwb9x1.png

Take the bad banter out of the SW8 thread please

Once again please take the bad banter out of the SW8 thread or I will just start deleting posts

Feel free to make a 'World's first' Merlin bashing 'banter' topic in the nonsense sub-forum