Wicker Man

EC!

T-Rex track just seem like a gimmick and I have no idea how riding on it creates a different (or enhanced) experience for riders.

At this point in time, my front runners are a GCI, an RMC (not T-Rex track) or an aquatrax.

(Why is there so much fascination for aquatrax, it's potentially the least exciting piece of coaster technology in this decade?)

Aquatrax is a joke really, like, years ago it was rumoured for EVERYTHING and it's kinda kept going...

Ā 

The TRex track is a self supporting thing if I recall, which is insanely useful as it reduces the costs whilst allowing a wider range of track manipulation... There's some definite positives behind the concept, especially for small parks...

This image basically proves SW8 is actually going to happen!

Ā 

CdsLTYzW8AAqqD5.jpg-large-1024x576.jpg

Ā 

My bet is that the ride will open sometime next year or early 2018 with an announcement maybe later this year.

Ā 

Judging by the rumours and thinking about the park itself I think this will be a World First Wooden Roller Coaster.

Ā 

I think it's most likely going to be an actual wooden coaster rather than an RMC.

From what that guy said in the comments, it's not going to be an RMC.

This could have two significant aspects:

- Worlds fastest wooden roller coaster (obviously!).

- Worlds only actual looping wooden roller coaster (as all the looping wooden coasters are just steel tracks) (I can't say world's first because of Son of Beast).

Don't think comments on a fan's dream ride version should be taken at face vale, especially when Towers were already considering a RMC for SW8...

I'm saying that that's a good idea, and Towers should go for that.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I woudn't call Air or Oblivion world renowned for their quality. World renowned for being world's firsts yes, but not for their quality. In fact Air is runowned for its passiveness.

Anyway, I wasn't saying that there isn't good British coasters, just that there's so many that really aren't special.

In my opinion... Rita, Th13teen, Colossus, Saw, Air, the Drayton Coasters as well as coasters at smaller parks such as Flaming Land, Oakwood, Pleasurewood Hills, are all, at best midiocre.

I may just be a tough critic but I want England to get some roller coasters like Nemesis, that are known globally throughout theme park circles and are ranked highly too.

Realistically we'll never see a coaster like Nemesis ever again. It's too costly. Nemesis just all worked together, it came together and the crowds agree. Oblivion is highly renowned, it unnerves many and whilst I have no time for the ride itself, the whole theme and psychological aspect is fab. Smiler also did hugely well at becoming known worldwide, obviously helped by the worlds first aspect but the whole marketing campaign was something we hadn't seen and done to a huge level. I think, for a small country, we have some pretty great coasters. And a nice mix too!Ā 

Ā 

I don't want high investments to continue just being big coasters. Parks aren't that way anymore. Phantasialand spending millions on a whole new log flume concept, Efteling building a new trackless multiple route dark ride, Disney and Universal always pushing those rides. The two theme park giants rarely build coasters, because there is so much more to theme park rides nowadays.Ā 

Ā 

Towers doesn't need a new coaster. It just doesn't. Maybe a family thrill one but even then it's at a better state than most parks. It needs a true modern dark ride. That's the route Towers need to go, or a really immersive water ride. I love coasters just as the next person, and would never turn down a cred. But we really aren't lacking as much as you may think.Ā 

Ā 

This country has had many big ride moments:

Ā 

Longest coaster, still the longest in Europe.

At its time, worlds tallest.

Worlds most inversions, twice.

Steepest drop on a coaster, twice.

Worlds first flyer, vertical drop, drop track on a coaster.Ā 

Some truly historic coasters, vintage like Scenic Railway and the Blackpool lot.

Ā 

Yup, this country is awful.Ā 

I woudn't call Air or Oblivion world renowned for their quality. World renowned for being world's firsts yes, but not for their quality. In fact Air is runowned for its passiveness.

Anyway, I wasn't saying that there isn't good British coasters, just that there's so many that really aren't special.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I'm okay with that. Even if we only have Nemesis, many countries enthusiast groups would give their right shoe to have a ride like that.

Think about how many mediocre coasters there are in the states though... How many small parks (who can't afford that top tier of manufacturer) are scattered across with nothing world class?

Ā 

Per area, the UK quality is probably one of the best in the world... Probably second to maybe Germany, and that's only because Europa and Phantasialand are there, with only the odd Hansa Park type place...

Ā 

Hell the UK has 5 B&Ms! We're insanely lucky in that regard (just not in the operational sense these days)...

Realistically we'll never see a coaster like Nemesis ever again. It's too costly. Nemesis just all worked together, it came together and the crowds agree. Oblivion is highly renowned, it unnerves many and whilst I have no time for the ride itself, the whole theme and psychological aspect is fab. Smiler also did hugely well at becoming known worldwide, obviously helped by the worlds first aspect but the whole marketing campaign was something we hadn't seen and done to a huge level. I think, for a small country, we have some pretty great coasters. And a nice mix too!

I don't want high investments to continue just being big coasters. Parks aren't that way anymore. Phantasialand spending millions on a whole new log flume concept, Efteling building a new trackless multiple route dark ride, Disney and Universal always pushing those rides. The two theme park giants rarely build coasters, because there is so much more to theme park rides nowadays.

Towers doesn't need a new coaster. It just doesn't. Maybe a family thrill one but even then it's at a better state than most parks. It needs a true modern dark ride. That's the route Towers need to go, or a really immersive water ride. I love coasters just as the next person, and would never turn down a cred. But we really aren't lacking as much as you may think.

This country has had many big ride moments:

Longest coaster, still the longest in Europe.

At its time, worlds tallest.

Worlds most inversions, twice.

Steepest drop on a coaster, twice.

Worlds first flyer, vertical drop, drop track on a coaster.

Some truly historic coasters, vintage like Scenic Railway and the Blackpool lot.

Yup, this country is awful.

No, you're putting words into my mouth. My previous post only talked about how the UK has numerous mediocre rides, and is due something really special.

Also, I never opposed investments for things that aren't coasters. I'd love SW8 to be a Chiapas style log flume. I'm really hyped for DBGT as well. I don't mind what the specific ride type or even ride that SW8 is, I just want it to be incredible, world renowned and not mediocre like many other British coasters. Again, I most certainly am not saying that Britain doesn't have any good coasters.