Wicker Man

EC!

TBH, I'd rather have a Wicker Man theme than another Julia Donaldson IP attraction. One is quite enough. Then again, I really want an original idea as Merlin can do a great job with these as the Smiler has shown, rather than a shoddy frozen IP idea.

Seeing those pictures of the Flume being demolished seem both exciting and sad. Exciting in the context the uk is finally receiving a major new ride in the form of an overdue woodie. However sad in that a former classic Towers  ride is officially dead. It wasn't the best Flume out there, but I get the impression it was considerably better in it's past.

Safe to say log flumes appear to be a dying breed these days with at least four having been removed/demolished within the last 10 years in the UK alone. The highly inevitable removal of Loggers and the fact no new ones have been built since either backs this up.

There are currently just eight flumes left in A-C list UK parks and even then, at least four of those are shelf models, with just Storm Force 10 & Dragon Falls remaining the only large scale flumes still operation along with Pirates. 

2 minutes ago, Matt Creek said:

There are currently just eight flumes left in A-C list UK parks and even then, at least four of those are shelf models, with just Storm Force 10 & Dragon Falls remaining the only large scale flumes still operation along with Pirates. 

You forgot Loggers Leap M8, it's splashing back in 2017 don't forget. Apology accepted.

Wicker Man seems like such an odd IP to pick though, it's only going to appeal to a slightly older audience as most younger people either haven't seen the film or just don't care for it.

Best bet they have for the younger audience is slapping a load of Nicolas Cage memes throughout the ride and calling it a day. 

1 minute ago, MattyMoo said:

You forgot Loggers Leap M8, it's splashing back in 2017 don't forget. Apology accepted.

Sadly not including Loggers right now as it's neutral to both sides currently as it's neither operating or demolished.  I could also wish to say it was returning next year, but park media have confirmed it won't be unfortunately.

The eight flume rides are:

Dragons Falls-Chessington, Storm Force 10- Drayton, Pirate Falls- Legoland and the ones at Fantasy Island, Paultons, Pleasurewood Hills, West Midlands Safari park and Yarmouth Pleasure Beach.