Wicker Man

EC!

And they weren't technically lying. They were talking about fusing fire with the ride, all being one experience. Having 2 flame towers at the top of a woodie that hardly ever work or theming a racer to a fire dragon isn't really fusing the elements? And Wildfire is literally just called Wildfire, no real fire. It's a clever use of word play but I don't think Towers were wrong in what they said if you look deeper into it.

Ā 

Lightning Rod should be the one getting huffy as that nearly did fully fuse wood and fire in real life!

12 minutes ago, Mitchada04 said:

And they weren't technically lying. They were talking about fusing fire with the ride, all being one experience. Having 2 flame towers at the top of a woodie that hardly ever work or theming a racer to a fire dragon isn't really fusing the elements? And Wildfire is literally just called Wildfire, no real fire. It's a clever use of word play but I don't think Towers were wrong in what they said if you look deeper into it.

Ā 

Lightning Rod should be the one getting huffy as that nearly did fully fuse wood and fire in real life!

Ā 

Dreamland and Blackpool did it before Towers UK wise though...

3 hours ago, BaronC. said:

There's murmurs that the world first claim was only meant to be used for the name announcement (to grab the attention of people a bit more), and for it to disappear shortly after.Ā Ā 

Sounds awfully convenient, and not in keeping with Merlin's previous efforts with spurious claims.

Ā 

I personally think it's pretty hilarious, good work that geek!

Ā 

3 hours ago, Mitchada04 said:

Ā 

Terminator Salvation had proper fire effects on a woodie a decade ago, proper up close feel it on your face fire blasted at you. It is utter BS of a claim.

I guess it depends on how you stretch the definition of 'fused'.Ā  Is having a flamethrower / explosion effect / whatever by the track a fusion of wood and fire?Ā  Towers could say no, especially if Wickerman has effects where it makes it look like the wood is on fire or whatever.Ā Ā 

Ā 

It's a very twisted, wishy-washy, silly and specific claim to make (even worse than Galactica's 'fully dedicated' because we're forcing people to wear VR glasses for a week before making them optional claim), but you could say it's there.

8 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

That bit where it goes through the structure and then sharply up before the banked turn looks like something off Planet Coaster when you move a bend up and forget to smooth the track.

That looks really weird, doesn't it? Like it thinks it's heading into a final break run, but it's actually really early on.

Ā 

Not worth paying too much attention to the speed during testing I know, but even imagining it sped up considerably it still looks like a pretty crap coaster. Spends a lot of time doing not a lot, which is really bad on such a short ride.

13 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

Now they dropped the fire marketing crap they could do 'The world's first experience to fuse GCI and boring'

Ā 

Even THAT'S not a world's first though...

Ā 

It's such a shame that Towers/Merlin marketing seem unable to market things appropriately... If this didn't have the Wickerman nonsense and some strange Pirate theme we'd not bat an eyelid on it being slow (blah blah testing is always slow blah)...

On 29/01/2018 at 2:38 PM, MattyMoo said:

Video had to be removed as it revealed the washing machine element, FYI.

Haha, I actually thought the Smiler could have pulled that off! Have some strobes, illusions and it would have made a cool marmiliser type element and would haveĀ definitely been a unique ride. Almost like a flat rideĀ built into a rollercoaster.