Why Are You Here?

Mark9

Visited thorpe with scouts in erm 02.. and then 04.. then carried on from there for some reason. Was a good place, found southparks, found this board and joined at a later date.. decided to visit chessie in erm first day 06, and converted then and there.

I have been wanting to go to Florida since I was 5 and we (family) went in 06 summer, I went on every coaster apart from Expedition Everest & Montu.I went back to the UK and went on Colossus & NI and loved it from the beginning.After going on Stealth, I found out about ATA and TowersTimes forums, started posting on them, I found Southpark and tried to create an account but wouldnt accept my email. Typed in 2009 coaster and found Thorpe Mania in Jan 07, tried to create an account but never got an email back, so started viewing the forums for the last 2 years.I tried to re-apply and got accepetd maybe it was my screen name and started posting 1 week before TPM trip.I've always had a thing for theme parks and always knew a lot more about theme parks than my friends, who arent enthusiasts. Thought I'd try and create an account to see if there were any people like me > which I found there are people who are more enthu'd than me, which is a sign of relief as I thought that I was some kind of a fanatic (The irony). :(So here I am :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found out the real reason why I am here. A few years ago in Feb 06 I believe I was a little girl obsessed with Southparks the series. I searched for southparks and ended up on southparks.org. Joined and found James Hepburn after being harassed by him and Joe I joined here in October 06. All in all, blame James and Joe as to why I'm here!

• 1 year later...

What got me into theme parks and rides?Hummm....I remember my first ever trip to a theme park was THORPE PARK. I remember every 5 mins in the car saying 'Are we there yet?' :P I remember walking into the dome when I was 9 years old and thinking wow! I was gob smacked at the size of everything!I remember walking out looking at everything without a care in the world!Then I think we walked over to Loggers Leap and came off of that like any youngster! Again! Again! Again!I remember riding Tidal Wave, Rumba Rapids and Loggers Leap.In fact, where I got my love of ride music was in the Rumba Rapids queue hearing the announcements thinking I love it!Then remember walking over to Colossus hearing its area theme music and it always stuck in my head outside of THORPE PARK and would play through my head a lot! Hense, starting my love for ride audio!I remember not being able to ride Colossus or Vortex and sobbing my eyes out. I vertually every week measured myself thinking I am almost 1.4m! (Then I was 1.3m :) )Then visited Chessington. I was like wow! I visited Chessington in 2003 so Dragon's Fury was not at the park.I remember Professor Burp's Bubbleworks feeling the magic of the ride. Same with Dragon Falls scared sh**less going into a Dragons mouth and past a weird buddha!Then remember the Runaway Train thinking this is amazing!Unfortunately, I was not tall enough for Rattlesnake and again cried as I could not go on it! Then, I remember queuing 2 hours for Vampire! I was like 'Yeah this looks fun'. I walked into the station and thought omg, I am so scared (and you would not believe this now but) and scared of listening to the music! :( After riding Vampire and Colossus when I adventually could in 2003 (had to wait a year), My love for rides blossomed from there! Hense why Colossus and Vampire are my favourite and always will be!After that, every activity I done was always 'well... it is not like going to THORPE PARK or Chessington'. So then I got parents taking me and now to this day continue my love for rides and drive my parents mad when have my ride music on loud! :( Then for future, hope to work at Chessington. This is also why I would like Vampire as it means so much to me so Area 1 please!Started on TPM actually after wanting to know more beond the ride (eg Ride Manufacturers, Pricing, Audio, Theming etc.)Just saw TPM and thought yes seems good. Other people will know what I am talking about without having to explain what I mean! :) And here we are now!Sorry if I have bored you!

• 2 months later...

Well, I was on Southparks comunity (and hated it). I saw an advert somewhere advertising a place called Merlin magic which I signed up to straight away.After posting there for a while, and only 14 active members someone (TP Dan) suggested the Mania hub. On ariving at the site and seeing that it had a security code, I decided against it (I'm blind and can't read the codes!). I went back online to Merlin magic just in time to see another member (will) online. I wrote to him explaining my problem, and he agreed to create my acount. Since I've been here, I've met some great people (and some not so great) but hey, who says just because they are a member I have to read all of there posts and agree?