Jump to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Thorpe Park Mania Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MrCard96

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MrCard96

  1. I didn't really plan on spending £195 on the cable but I love Stealth and it's a gorgeous piece of memorabilia. I just had to buy it. The cable with a certificate of authenticity and a mug and a Stealth coaster. All in a gift bag.
  2. I really enjoyed the Stealth event. Staff were brilliant, met some lovely and enthusiastic people. Fantastic atmosphere. And I bought a piece of Stealth's cable as my ticket was already picked. The cable is 10 of 205 🙂
  3. I also feel like Merlin are in a good place with maintaining hydraulic launches like Stealth. Skilled engineers, best source of getting parts and general up keep of these attractions is strong. Stealth is just massively complex and to keep her going for as long as they do is breathtaking. I take each launch thinking how lucky we are to have these amazing moments ❤️
  4. I forgot to mention. Today for a good while of Stealth operating there was engineering checking in on how she was operating and keeping up with demand. The skills of engineering really is vastly incredible. Especially maintaining the most complex hydraulic coaster in the world. I can certainly see Stealth lasting a few more years for sure because that launch will never get old.
  5. Thanks for the info Jax. I ended up taking a 6 hour drive today to visit. Got a fair few rides in on her. Massive thanks for the engineers that get her back. She ran amazing today.
  6. Hasn't opened at all today. I'm beginning to think we could have a lengthy closure coming. I'm supposed to be going to the event on the 28th. I'm guessing they would re schedule it.
  7. Would anybody happen to have any info regarding why Stealth is down. I know it's rolled back twice now. I'm supposed to be going to the 20th anniversary event too.
  8. Just before 2pm today, Stealth did a rollback. Hopefully it's not too serious. Does anybody know if it is? I mean a rollback usually isn't good
  9. I was at the park yesterday (10/09/26). Stealth had a bad start to the day. Managed 4 laps then one of the trains had to be pulled off. It remained on reduced capacity for nearly the whole day. Engineers were consistently checking restraints each time the ride broke down which would back up that it was the back row restraints causing issues. Also both trains were finding it very difficult to enter the unloading bay. Very very slow to get round the corner and into the unloading bay. Hopefully they get her healthy again soon. The engineering team really are fantastic with Stealth. I appreciate it as it's my number 1 coaster in the UK. Stealth remains very close to my heart for the reason it's launch is something special. And now a world record holder. It'll be a real sad day when Thorpe get rid. I have to drive 3hr 40 mins each way to get to Stealth. But always it's very worth it. Can just about hack it in a day. P.s thanks to the staff for walking us to Nemesis Inferno fastrack for the breakdowns.
  10. I did 6 hours of driving today to get back on Stealth. (3 hours each way and going around the theme park). She really did well. I managed to get 8 rides on her whilst doing the other coasters. No fast track. Really so chuffed with engineering 😀. Great job Thorpe 😀 Just about managed it all in a day. Knackered myself but worth it. It's always a massive gamble with the cost of fuel and getting up at 4am to be home for 9pm.
  11. Nice to see work actively happening. I guess wirh bank holiday coming. Really under pressure
  12. Yeah they did a hiccup. App said opening 31st April. Then within 30 mins updatee to 1st may. The engineers are doing a bloody brilliant job getting her open. Goes to show how great Merlin parks do at maintaining there hydraulic launch coasters. I live local to Rita so managed to lap her 3 times today. Not the same as Stealth but just enough to get a that hydraulic kick
  13. They definitely have parts below image Jax. Also updated on the app to closed until 31st april. Although we don't have a 31st this month.
  14. I hope so. Hopefully there not stripping it down. Really hope it's not anything serious Jax. Not sure why they've took all 3 cables off
  15. They have pulled all 3 cables off. Not looking good
  16. Trains are in the shed. None on the track. We may be looking at a lengthy closure unfortunately. It's a massive shame.
  17. I have no idea Jax. Just checked the app and closed all day. Pitty I live 3 hours away too.
  18. Absolutely, but she's back to closed all day today. This isn't looking good
  19. She's had a few test runs today. Looking quite promising. The launch bunker doors were open the other day. Perhaps they've done a cable change too.
  20. Interestingly Stealth has updated on the app to closed. Rather than closed all day or closed today. Perhaps some hope 😀
  21. Hi Jax, did you find find anything out?
  22. It looks like they've been having issues with the catch car. Which would probably explain why the launch failed several times. And of no trains are on the track would definitely back that concept up. I'm remaining hopeful that they manage to source another catch car if not replace what is broken. But given Stealth's accelerator model is ageing and is very rare now, parts are really hard to come by. The park will have to approach a manufacturer to get a part custom made which is a long old process unfortunately. During the Intamin event last year at the park, Intamin did say they would be happy to support the park in maintaining Stealth should they want to keep her running. Which I assume would be the same case for Rita at Alton Towers. Merlin own and maintain these accelerator models very well so no doubt they will have the best contacts for support and parts suppliers. There engineers will know the ins and outs of them too. It's just an expensive ordeal for them.
  23. Yeah this isn't looking good at all. We might be looking at a prolonged closure
  24. Thanks for this Jax, I will keep an eye on the ride activity. It's a shame she's such a complex ride but nevertheless the engineering team do an amazing job trying to get her back. Must be a hard job for them
  25. It looks like Stealth has been having a few issues recently. It's not looking great. Hopefully it isn't too bad and the engineers have her fixed soon enough.

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.