The Tour To Four (Hundred Creds): Tropicana Farm

With the opening of a certain iconic coaster looming, I rather foolishly decided that I would celebrate the occasion by marking it as my 400th coaster. In order for that fantasy to become reality I was going to need to step up my current UK cred hunting streak...

This week's adventure took me to the lovely (it really isn't) seaside town of Weston Super Mare.

The first park for today was Animal Farm Adventure Park, which is located on farm land (imagine that) around 15 minutes from WSM.

IMG_6590.thumb.JPG.8323e0257bb85b745416f3ddffefae0e.JPG

After paying the shockingly low admission fee (currently £9) we were ushered straight in without being given tickets, that might be a first.

IMG_6584.thumb.JPG.35bc3c0f00cf0ef164afc683fb741eec.JPG

+1

After hitting the cred it was time to check out the animals. Now call it me getting old, call it the glorious weather or call it me happy to be out of the car for an hour but I actually rather enjoyed walking around and watching the animals, what have I become... The farm is home to all your favourite basic animals (sadly they didn't have Capybara) such as horses, ponies, llamas, sheep, goats etc

IMG_6586.thumb.JPG.6cbff446f1800406cc9d9cc4e3e3ed9c.JPG

IMG_6587.thumb.JPG.c37f90167f5be67c591e279f0b0fabb4.JPG

And I thought my teeth were bad...

IMG_6588.thumb.JPG.e9a29b986405004e8b45337f483b4361.JPG

Damn you Marvel for making me love raccoons.

I for one am happy creds drew me to this place because although my time there was short I can safely say I enjoyed it and it was a good way to start the day. Friendly staff, funny animals and a dangerously chilled out atmosphere, good little place this.

After Animal Farm we made our way to Weston Super Mare, opting to avoid the disgusting (£6 minimum pay) seafront car park and choosing instead to park in a nearby multistory.

The reason for coming to WSM was something strange called Funland At The Tropicana popping up on the UK parks page of Coaster-Count. Funland itself has apparently existed on the seafront for a while but only very recently have they added non travelling creds, thus it being added to RCDB and Coaster-Count.

IMG_6593.thumb.JPG.be7b44a918802f1d7be09bd9ae6b9d45.JPG

IMG_6591.thumb.JPG.e1e7be2be8468e1ca8651710726277e7.JPG

It was at this point my friend pointed out the last 3 coasters we had ridden were all wacky worms, I am neither proud or ashamed of this fact.

IMG_6592.thumb.JPG.47e15a99b256b2bb585a832a208a2990.JPG

Look how damn shiny and new this thing looks, such a contrast to the rusting scrap metal on Clarence Pier.

To end the day we decided to slither into the town of WSM itself and what an interesting place it was. In the short walk to Subway, we walked past, about 10 nightclubs with scary bouncers outside, countless asshole rude boy teens and far too many bitter old people. It's far from being the worst place I've ever been (Eastbourne) but it certainly wasn't very welcoming. Rather thankful to escape we hit the road for the long drive home shortly after.

Thanks for reading.