Orlando 2014

Hi all,

I'm looking to head to Orlando for 2 weeks+ next year - due to work limitations this needs to be early in the year as well. I was originally looking at April, however after doing a bit of research it seems with Spring break this isn't a good time to go.

I want to find a month that has nice weather (doesn't need to be scorching) along with the parks being quiet - the latter being the most important over weather.

Would any of you be able to recommend a good month and any other general advice for Orlando? It seems International drive is the best place to be in terms of accommodation.

Also would you be able to recommend any sites to keep an eye on in terms of holiday deals for this area?

Thanks very much!

Hi Crafty, I went in January for a birthday celebration, and stayed in Orlando, at the Rodeway Inn on South Kirkham Road, off International Drive (I-drive).If you want cheap, no frills accommodation with disinterested staff then this is the place, though it had and gave me all I needed, except internet access (obtained locally).

I thought January would be quiet, though it turned out that it was South America's summer holiday; the richer the country, the more of their people were present. As England never conquered South America none of them spoke much English and knew nothing of queue etiquette so the elbows were used effectively. Really though, the queues weren't too bad.

Universal is within walking distance from the top end of I-drive, and there was a free bus service early in the morning to Disney World, returning either 6, 8 or 10p.m..

I was on my own, therefore able to do what I liked and at my own speed, I.e. nutty pace.

I hope that helps.