Merlin Friends and Family Booking Query

JamminGamer

Question

Hello!

Just a quick question for people who have used the Merlin Annual Pass Friends and Family Perk. It says that you need to book at least 24 hours in advance via calling a specific number and booking over the phone. I just wanted to know whether or not this works like reserving the tickets and then paying the money when you go to the attraction or do you have to pay over the phone via a credit card or something when calling?

Planning to visit both the Dungeons and Thorpe in the next 2 weeks and need to get people discount tickets but was unsure as to how exactly this would work

Any information would be appreciated!

4 answers to this question

You pay over the phone via card, and pick them up at the pre-booked section of each attraction, from experience they WILL double check the card you used to pay with, so make sure you bring it with you!

Also worth noting that it doesn't have to be literally 24 hours in advanced, I've booked as late at 4pm for the following days tickets, which is handy if there's a chance people may bail out. 

What Dodge2002 said.

Also, all the London attractions now require a form of ID when collecting any prebooked tickets, to help prevent fraudulent activity as there has been an increase in this. in addition to the payment card, you'd need something like a drivers/provisional license, passport, student ID or the like if you're a young'un, failing that, a utility bill etc. This will all be in the confirmation email and explained over the phone, but just a heads up :P I don't know if they would accept a MAP, as I don't know how strict it is exactly, so best to bring something else incase!