Jammin's Paris Trip Questions

JamminGamer

Question

Okay so I will no doubt have a variety of questions to ask regarding an upcoming trip to Paris (23rd-26th of June) so I will put them all here so as to not clutter the forums with my queries.

Trip details : 3 people, All 'Youths', we have bought train tickets (Eurostar + Local)  to get us to Marne La Vallee Station via Lille Europe via London to spend time at Disneyland, we are staying in the Dream Castle Hotel. We are hoping to spend 1 day in Parc Asterix and 3 days in Disneyland Paris

Questions!:

1. Is it worth us buying a Disneyland Annual Pass (Francillien) each if we plan to visit around 3 times? Checking the calendar of restriction dates the 1st day we have is restricted so we could potentially go to Asterix on that day? Though it would mean having less time there as our travel means we arrive at around 12:00 at Marne La Vallee and getting to Asterix would take time which leads me to the second question.

2. What are the best options of getting from Disneyland (Marne La Vallee) to Asterix without a car? Ideally that don't take too much time or money though this will probably be a requirement!

3. If we buy Annual Passes then we'd have to buy them in advance to make them valid for the whole trip right? I read that the day you buy them on park they are valid but not for 2 days afterwards. Is that information correct?

4. Can we get a good variety of stuff done at Asterix in around 5-6 hours? I'm not sure how busy it will be at this time and exactly how much there is to do there as I am trying to keep myself in the dark about what there is to do.

5. Do you have any general advice or guidance regarding both parks and travel in Paris?

Thanks folks! Hope you can answer some of my questions especially considering the recent trip that occurred ;D

3 answers to this question

Okay so I will no doubt have a variety of questions to ask regarding an upcoming trip to Paris (23rd-26th of June) so I will put them all here so as to not clutter the forums with my queries.

Trip details : 3 people, All 'Youths', we have bought train tickets (Eurostar + Local)  to get us to Marne La Vallee Station via Lille Europe via London to spend time at Disneyland, we are staying in the Dream Castle Hotel. We are hoping to spend 1 day in Parc Asterix and 3 days in Disneyland Paris

Questions!:

1. Is it worth us buying a Disneyland Annual Pass (Francillien) each if we plan to visit around 3 times? Checking the calendar of restriction dates the 1st day we have is restricted so we could potentially go to Asterix on that day? Though it would mean having less time there as our travel means we arrive at around 12:00 at Marne La Vallee and getting to Asterix would take time which leads me to the second question.

2. What are the best options of getting from Disneyland (Marne La Vallee) to Asterix without a car? Ideally that don't take too much time or money though this will probably be a requirement!

3. If we buy Annual Passes then we'd have to buy them in advance to make them valid for the whole trip right? I read that the day you buy them on park they are valid but not for 2 days afterwards. Is that information correct?

4. Can we get a good variety of stuff done at Asterix in around 5-6 hours? I'm not sure how busy it will be at this time and exactly how much there is to do there as I am trying to keep myself in the dark about what there is to do.

5. Do you have any general advice or guidance regarding both parks and travel in Paris?

Thanks folks! Hope you can answer some of my questions especially considering the recent trip that occurred ;D

Having recently been myself, I should hopefully answer your questions.

1/ A Disney annual pass is something I would strongly recommend buying. The fantasy is the one you should buy which costs €179 (less if anyone in your party is an existing pass holder) and if you're doing more than 2 days I would suggest getting this.

Another reason being you get 10% discount I shops and restaurants plus you get magic hours in the main park from 8 which to avoid queues and get rides done in fantasy and discovery land is recommended.

2/ I haven't been to Asterix yet so cant say, but I think there's a way by getting a train to Paris then getting the metro system but I'm unsure I'm afraid.

3/ As long as you get the fantasy pass you should be ok, I bought mine on the day when I went and didn't have any problems.

4/ Once again I haven't done Asterix, but as long as it's not heaving there you should definitely get the main stuff done such as Oziris, Tonne De Zeus, Goudrix and a few others,

5/ Ok here's a few tips

Try do crush in the morning

If it's busy you get fast passes for big thunder and Indiana Jones (they're free)

Get Ratatouille fast pass at the start or do it towards the end of the day

Food wise, Planet Hollywood is decent and Earl Of Sandwich is great value for something easy

Must do rides/

Disneyland Park:

Big Thunder Mountain, Soace Mountain (if open), Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, Phantom Manor, Disney Dreams closing show

Studios:

Ratatouille, Tower Of Terror, Crush, Rock N Roller Coaster

Hope I helped you a bit

In reverse order:

4) My advice would be that as you've got a good 2-3 full days at DLRP, it's definitely worth carving out a whole day at Parc Asterix (rather than try to do it on your first "half day" when you get into Paris). Asterix is a pretty large Park with lots of quirky attractions, and if it's your first time I wouldn't want to rush any of it! OzIris, Zeus, Defi de Cesar - all brilliant. Unfortunately it also has pretty dire operations across the board, so even on an off-peak day you can run into some nasty queues. Worth planning lots of time in!

2) It's a bit of a hassle to get to Asterix via public transport, but not impossible. Last time I went I used the official Asterix shuttle bus, which departs from the Louvre every morning at 9am, and later returns to the Louvre, departing Parc Asterix at 6:30pm. Pretty easy, if you can guarantee that you can get to the Louvre for 9am from DLRP! It's not difficult via the Metro (Red A line from Marne-le-Vallee, then switch to the Yellow 1 line at Gare de Lyon to get to Palais Royal Musee du Louvre) - but will likely take a while, meaning an early start in the morning. More info on the shuttle bus here: http://www.parcasterix.fr/en/getting-park

Enjoy! :)

Thanks for all the info so far folks! Will be taking all of it into account. Definitely considering the Fantasy pass now as it would mean not missing a day and spending a whole one at Asterix. Travel will be the death of me while we are there I expect.

Just to further pry into details do you have any idea how much money those train journeys + the shuttle bus would cost? Any info is appreciated!