Sign in to follow this  
LostCityBoy

Best way to queue for The Smiler?

Question

Hi, relatively new here so if this is in the wrong place, sorry!

I should be visiting Alton Towers this weekend and am hoping to ride The Smiler for the first time. I am aware of Single Rider, is this the quickest way to get on? As it is a summer weekend, I suppose it will be rather busy so the main queue could be quite long.

Thank you!:)

5 answers to this question

I'd say Fastrack is the quickest way to get on. If you're not with anyone, single rider is usually quicker than the main queue.

Unfortunately, the estimated queue times have not been accurate at all recently so I would go and have a look at how long the queues are in person.

Thanks, I will be with others however I will be the only one riding, so don't want to keep the others waiting:mellow:  Don't really want to fork out £10 for fastrack, so will try the single rider queue, thanks again:)

Just some advice about the Smiler too, the back rows are much rougher than the front rows. If you get put on the back, don't think the ride is always that rough! Also there is no front row line on the Smiler.

Personally rough rides don't bother me (no shame in the fact Colossus is my favourite ride!:P). I assume the front is the better place to sit then, and will try to sit on the first two rows, so excited now!

I usually prefer to sit it out while other people ride The Smiler, and most times those who've wanted to ride have been through the single rider queue.  Maybe I've been lucky, but I've never had to wait more than 20 minutes or so for them even on busy days.  Just time to grab a drink from the shop and have a sit down on the rocks for a few minutes!