Winterville Wonderland

I've just got back from a quick trip to London to collect my Chinese visa, but owing to the fact tis the season for many showmen from around Europe to bring their toys to various fields in London, theme them vaguely to Christmas and charge £1000000 a pop, it was also time to collect some new creds.

With that in mind, after first collecting my visa, me and my friend popped into Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland.

You all know about WW, there's entire Facebook pages dedicated to it's existence and some of you even know way too much about travelling rides so I'll keep my review short.

- New security checks and set ups were very much welcomed by me in this current tense environment. They were very well handled and it made me feel at ease, just please allow extra time when visiting because it takes quite a lot more time to get in now.

- Only 1 new cred this year was disappointing, I know we can't always have nice new things but after Hollenblitz rumours I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in this year's line up.

- It might just be me getting even older and more miserable but in my opinion the atmosphere was completely missing this year, not that there was ever much to begin with.

We got the new spinning mouse cred, which was riding like crap and this year's lap on Olympia Looping which is certainly still over hyped but other wise a great coaster. Then I contemplated a go on Wilde Maus XXL, which although good fun isn't worth £7, so I didn't bother.

And that was WW 2017, I'll stick with my previous comments of, if I wasn't in the area it wouldn't be worth my time.

IMG_5838.thumb.JPG.956a9e0e7be841af09497358cd81e298.JPGIMG_5840.thumb.JPG.8e47904f950d0fc7057273c40d80e5f1.JPG

My friend noticed a spinning mouse (clearly 3 at Winter Wonderland isn't enough) had been set up in Clapham Common early this week and upon further research he told me it's part of Winterville. It appears Winterville is a WW inspired event which this year takes place in Clapham.

With a bonus cred for the taking, we ventured in.

To give Winterville it's due, it's very much more professional and high quality than I initially assumed it would be. It was also a lot busier than I assumed it would be, which is nice to see, clearly WW isn't the be all end all that I assumed it was.

We rode the spinning mouse, known as Crazy Mouse and half way up the lift noticed the fair also has a wacky worm, that's right people, TWO bonus creds this trip!

Ticked that off as well and headed back home.

IMG_5842.thumb.JPG.06be6c23cfb2dfaeba97ad66e135a389.JPGIMG_5841.thumb.JPG.38a1fb1a116d849bc04074257eec16d2.JPG

All in all a lovely afternoon and 3 for the count, thanks for reading.