Terra Mitica Trip Reports

Hello Edit: you people are so lucky, this webpage started not responding and I thought I had lost this trip report which I wouldn't have been bothered to write out again. :DI have recently got back from Spain and have decided to post a trip report on the fantastic Terra Mitica.The whole place looks stunning and every building is themed superbly, and when you enter it really does feel like you've entered another world.I don't understand how a park struggling for attendance can be themed and maintained so well, and yet a park like Thorpe Park, over-attended, has no theming in comparison and is poorly maintained.I was there from about 4.30PM till 10 and got on quite a bit, even with company who find that they need to walk incredibly slowly and it takes them 10 minutes to get up after sitting down , oh well!It was an extremely hot day, 38/39 degrees celsius I think.Anyway on to the rides, some places are known as Vekoma land, or Zamperla Land, Terra Mitica is... Intamin Land Intamin Drop TowerIntamin Observation TowerIntamin/Mack Log flume initially I assumed it was a Mack, but the boats seated 6 so I thought it could be possible it was another Intamin :P )Intamin Super SplashIntamin Wooden Roller Coaster TrainsIntamin Zacspin/ ball coasterIntamin RapidsThat's the majority of them so you probably get the idea.Even walking in to ques at 4.30, everything was a walk on/ 1 boat wait/ 1 cycle wait , which was brilliant for us, but not for the park and is probably behind why it's struggling financially.I can't remember the order I went on the rides so I'm just going to go through the main onesFalls of the NileThis is the Mack/Intamin Log Flume and is without doubt, apart from the ones in the States, the best Log Flume I've been on.It's very unique and starts off with the biggest drop, which I think I read somewhere is 25 meters, about the 3rd/4th time on this the ride came to a stop and the boat I was in was hanging over the edge, you could just about see the edge of the drop and we were sat there for about 15 minutes looking out over Benidorm.Then after a lovely little meander passing through, in tune with the rest of the park, excellant theming, then up a large lift and, the trough dissapears, you come to an abrupt stop, turn , and then are shoved down a drop about half the size of the first, very fun and catches first time riders out. Triton\'s FuryThis is the Intamin Super Splash , and is once again, except for the ones in the states, the best of it's type and put\'s Tidal Wave to shame. I will only go on Tidal Wave if it's hot and has a short que, and as we all know, that doesn't happen very often, But this even if it was quite chilly I would choose to ride. You start off casually floating through caves, atmospheric music and statues, you then climb a bumpy lift and go down the first drop which gives you a refreshing misting. you then turn around and are facing, the 2nd drop, probably with a boat plunging down it. This drop, although smaller than Tidal Wave's, slightly, is so much better for a number of reasons. Your already going at a fair speed when you go over it giving a fun pop of air and then the track plunges away and this drop is seriously steep for a water ride, you do float out your seat slightly and then get drenched, not as much as Tidal Wave but what I would say is the right amount, enough to cool you down, not enough to drown you.SynkopeA Mondial big swing thing, similar to Vortex but with seats on the outside. Gives pretty awesome airtime and rations it out rather than some people getting the ride of their lives and some getting a pretty rubbish ride. I personally much prefer it to Vortex.Minotaur's LabyrinthA shoot em up ride, and guess what... It's, apart from in the States, the best of it\'s kind. I think this ride lasted about 15 minutes? Well that\'s what it felt like, and I'm a sucker for a long ride, part of why I know prefer CHessington to Thorpe. The theming was sensational on this, some of the best I've ever seen and like mentioned earlier, for a park struggling financially, so so so much was moving, there were too many animatronics to see.Also this ride has 2 endings, the one I got I think was the common one you get if your score isn\'t high enough.Magnus ColossusLast time I rode this I remember being beaten to mush, this time I was pleasantly surprised, I remembered it being rough, but this time it was just incredibly bumpy and I was even able to re-ride! Great airtime on the first drop, but the rest is just fun for reasons I don't even know.InfernoI'll start with a bit of a story on this one.In the future developments for Thorpe threads, the Intamin Ball coaster/Zacspin has been suggested and I've always thought, what, why would anyone want one of them , they look slow, boring, short and have a terrible throughput. How wrong I was.This is probably the most insane coaster I've ever ridden, and queing for it the first time actually made me scared, which I don't think any other ride has made me feel that way, but this ride suits Terra Mitica in the way Nemesis suits Alton Towers. You pull down a very tight restraint, similar to Stealth\'s but the bit over your shoulders is like a fabric and is tight on your shoulders and at first you think, why's it so tight, only do you realise without it your limbs would end up pretty much a liquid.If your "ball" isn't balanced then on the lift you will either be facing the sky, or the ground. You reach the top and travel slowly until you just plummet underneath yourself and depending on which way your facing, you either get ejector airtime or ejector airtime into a seat which is a weird experience. you then steady and then again depending which side your facing, are falling away from the sky or crashing the towards the ground until your ripped skywards for the most insane element you'll ever experience, it's not got a name, its just the end bit where you are thrown upwards into a tight crest where you flip upside down.One of my favourite coasters ever, and I would love to experience the new one somewhere in Europe which is like 2 of these on top of each other.Rapids of ArgosThis was, again , except the ones in America, the best Rapids I've been on , the whole way round it was speedy bumpy and it was so long like most of the rides there, unlike Congo River Rapids and Rumba Rapids, there weren't any dead bits and the theming was brilliant again!I think I've gone on for too long now, especially about a park the majority of people have probably never even heard of.Other awesome rides include another Mondial masterpiece, the same as the Energizer/Boneshaker at Alton Towers.Hope you enjoyed JamesThe entrancePosted ImageThe view when you walk in Posted ImageA look towards the mountain Magnus Colossus is built onPosted ImageA look towards the entrance area taken on the way to Falls of the NilePosted ImageThe first drop of Falls of the Nile, the drop looks smaller than it is in this picture, or maybe it's because usually your looking at the from the othr side and the entrance area is built alot lower so possibly that makes it look bigger .Posted ImageSynkope in full swingPosted ImageThe entrance to Magnus Colossus, with Intamin Trains, in the background Inferno an Intamin Zacspin coaster , and also in the background Flight of the Phoenix an Intamin drop towerPosted ImageThe "kiddie Coaster" AlucinakisPosted ImageLe colera de Akiles, the Mondial contraptionPosted ImageThe Intamin supersplash, Triton's Fury, this is the First drop, you can't see the excellant theming from these pictures as most is behind the caves :PPosted ImageThe "big" drop, In my opinion , slightly better than Tidal Wave'sPosted ImageInferno :PPosted Imageand again Posted ImageAnd finally a rubbish picture of it in the darkPosted ImageTerra Mitica really did come alive at night :D

• 3 weeks later...