Britcitchris Family Hols - Pt 3. Wicksteed Park.

The third park we visited was Wicksteed Park in Kettering. It's a very unique park and a great laid back place to visit. It has a large lake and a wonderful lakeside railway that has had over ten million passengers, since it opened back in 1921.After paying a car park fee, you don't have to pay for anything more, unless you want to. For the rides, you can purchase tokens or wrist bands.It was quite busy when we arrived.Posted ImageThe queue for the tokens and wristbands was very long.Posted ImageWicksteed is home to Europe's first double Pirate Ship.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageWe met up with my mum and dad :rolleyes:Posted ImageThe kids loved the bumper cars.Posted ImagePosted ImageBen on the jets.Posted ImageTea Cup fun with Lydia.Posted ImageWe all had fun on the Astro Slide.Posted ImagePosted ImageA rather uncomfortable Pinfari.Posted ImageA really colourful Ladybird Coaster.Posted ImageMy mum and dad brought a picnic for us all ;)Posted ImageWe all had fun on the tiny log flume. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageThe queue for the very unique water chute. Charles Wicksteed designed and built this in 1926.Posted ImageThe fantastic lakeside train.Posted ImageThe very unique Nautic Jets. They looked lots of fun.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePretty gardens.Posted ImageI wanted a ride on the train before we went home.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageWe had a great visit to Wicksteed Park. I have many fond childhood memories of the park and it was a very nostalgic day for me. It's such a laid back place and you just can't beat, lazing around with a picnic, inbetween the rides. Chris.

Ahh, Wicksteed Park, brings back memories from when I was little, probably the first Theme Park I ever visited, used to go there quite a lot as a young child :') Am I correct in saying the Swinging Ship runs on some sort of pneumatics, creating a sound similar to Rush (obviously not as loud) :P because I can remember the noises it makes scaring me and sometimes making me cry Haha! :rolleyes: I suppose it's one of my nearest parks too, being as I live the other side of Northampton to Wicksteed. Glad to hear you had a good day anyway. ;)

Thanks guys. James: the train is called Merlin and is the latest addition to the set. King Arthur And Cheyenne are used to transport goods and provide the occasional special service :)Luke: I think it is a pnematic system that makes a similar sound to Rush. I also remember it sounding much louder when I was younger and it used to thrill me, to hear the the whoosh sound, followd by the tyres sound on the boat, from across the park :)Chris.

• 4 weeks later...

Another local park of mine :)Loved Wicksteed, used to go with my aunt and uncle every few Sundays or so and have a picnic. I remember them having literally one of the best playgrounds but then it's no surprise as most play parks (at least that I've seen) round the country are built by "Wicksteed Leisure" ^_^