Thorpe Park: The First 30 Years.....

Valentez

As promised I've finally put the scans up. Originally I was just going to cut sections out but the article provided such an interesting read, sorry about the image quality folks!Credit to "First Drop" magazine, Margaret Drinkwater and Chris Chedzey.Happy Reading :)https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150538873837803.431036.694897802&type=1EDIT: Tidied Up

I'm having problems viewing the photos. The white loading box comes up and the thing just goes round and round but nothing happens.I have tested other photos on the forums here and they work :huh:But yay for finally uploading them :)

My pleasure :DTry right clicking the image and loading it in a new tab, should work fine if you are having problems.....

I can't right click it, it just brings up the silly white loading box :POh and when I use the mobile skin on my iPhone, I get a message saying "You do not have permission to view this attatchment" I don't get it anywhere else on the forum though :oWhere are they uploaded to? Maybe it's the album privacy settings or something?

GCI for 1993? Oh please Thorpe! Let's go back 18 years!Also, it's interesting to note that the original plans for a B&M Flyer where SAW now sits included a "drop which consists of half a pretzel loop". The birth of the "Thorpe Park Inversion", anyone? Would certainly answer who thought it up, Thorpe or B&M... My money's on Thorpe for this one.

They were uploaded using TPM's file attachment system, sorry to anyone unable to view the article.

Oh well that probably explains it :) Silly TPM! :rolleyes:I've never used TPM's system tbh but now we know it doesn't work :PAnyway, just looked at the scans, wow! :o Very interesting to look at, especially the original ideas for XNWO and the rides that could have been!And LOVE the picture of Earl Mountbatten opening the park! ^_^Yay for Benjy!