Fright night actor 2016

katiejaye12

Question

Hello everyone

I have recently been offered an audition to be one of the actors for fright nights at Thorpe Park. Has anyone done these auditions? If so, can you give me some information about the whole process and how it works? I would really appreciate some information about it, as I have been looking for hours on the internet and I can't find anything!

Thank you! 

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, katiejaye12 said:

Hello everyone

I have recently been offered an audition to be one of the actors for fright nights at Thorpe Park. Has anyone done these auditions? If so, can you give me some information about the whole process and how it works? I would really appreciate some information about it, as I have been looking for hours on the internet and I can't find anything!

Thank you! 

Hi Katie,

I have not personally had an audition for this role myself, but do know a few people who have done. 

From what I've been told, you are sometimes asked to perform a monologue based around a given character profile. There has also been an exercise where auditionees individually have to try and scare one of the judges who is sitting on their own. If I remember correctly, there may be some sort of group exercise too, but I'm not 100% on that. 

The process may have changed so take this with a pinch of salt, this is just what has been done in previous years, so I'm told.

Hope it helps, and good luck!

3 hours ago, StevenVig said:

Hi Katie,

I have not personally had an audition for this role myself, but do know a few people who have done. 

From what I've been told, you are sometimes asked to perform a monologue based around a given character profile. There has also been an exercise where auditionees individually have to try and scare one of the judges who is sitting on their own. If I remember correctly, there may be some sort of group exercise too, but I'm not 100% on that. 

The process may have changed so take this with a pinch of salt, this is just what has been done in previous years, so I'm told.

Hope it helps, and good luck!

Thank you so so much! This is very useful. Thank you! :)