Walk Of Shame?

planenut

I met a chap at TP on Monday who told me that three years ago he endured "the walk of shame" (his words), by being unable to take a seat on Stealth due to being large.

He went away and has shed five stones and is now going to start visiting TP and other parks more often as he is able to ride roller coasters. Proud of his achievement quite rightly, it must be quite distressing for those who cannot shift weight. Me? I'm a lucky so-and-so who has stayed the same weight since I was a yob, some years ago now.

With respect to being the wrong size, it does annoy me that people with small children will queue and subject the ride hosts to being seen as "the ogre" due to declining access to that small child, when it is the accompanying adult who is at fault.

I once overheard my neighbour lamenting Thorpe because they'd gone on August Bank Holiday, queued for hours, and got on nothing because their kids were too short, to the point where she was loudly discussing the possibility of suing them for some sort of perceived discrimination.

Apparently she felt that her children were her responsibility and she considered the rides safe enough for them to go on and Thorpe were overstepping their mark by refusing access.

Her kids were 4 and 5 at the time...

But kudos to the big guy for loosing that much weight!