Stuntman707

Nearby Development

So this article came up about Thorpe objecting to a nearby retirement development because the new residents would complain about the noise. I guess they are objecting to this to cover themselves legally in the future if this development went ahead? It could well interfere with Thorpes future development plans.

Personally don’t see this impacting at all. Thorpe is established and been there too long for a new development (which would of been aware of the site before construction) causing issues with future attractions. 

42 minutes ago, Stuntman707 said:

I just think they're covering themselves though by being able to say "We objected" if new residents do move in next door and complain about noise.

Yep. Spot on, just think of Towers local residents and these future lot won't be bribed by free tickets. TBF Thorpe is quite loud, if the winds heading in the correct direction, I can hear the screams of joy!

3 hours ago, GetEchoes said:

Personally don’t see this impacting at all. Thorpe is established and been there too long for a new development (which would of been aware of the site before construction) causing issues with future attractions. 

It's not about that, it's because any future builds or late night events Thorpe Park makes or host could potentially be rejected on the grounds of noise and being an eyesore by the new residential complex especially as the neighbours around the park are already having an increasingly strained relationship with the park. Just because they're established doesn't grant them any right in anyone's eyes to ignore neighbours concerns to whom Thorpe Park MUST ensure minimal disruption occurs even if they're new neighbours.

I for one would be completely against the residential complex as it could cause the island behind the swarm to become obsolete by virtue of being to close to any potential residential development on the old Cemex HQ for any thrill attraction-related construction. 

Also this planning request was out for a fairly long time (couple of months), why's it only being reported now?