Florida Holiday Trip Reports

Just been to Florida for 2 weeks and I am not sure if I will ever enjoy TP as much as I used to. Had an amazing 2 weeks and got to do lots of rides an attractions and the general theming of the parks is 100% better than any park in England. It makes me realise how tacky places like TP are in comparison to parks in Florida. I understand that parks in Florida probably have a higher budget but what they have done is simple and I am sure Thorpe could do the same with maybe a bit more effort. I was told before I went that I would feel different about TP when I come back and I am sure most people here would feel the same. Ride Count -:Sea WorldKraken - 5Journey to Atlantis - 5Islands of AdventureHulk - 1Spiderman - 1Jurassic Park River Rapids - 1Duelling Dragons - 2 (Fire + Ice)(I felt ill that day so I went home early)Universal StudiosShrek - 1ET - 1T2 3D - 1Jaws - 1Mummy Ride - 1Twister - 1Busch Gardens: Tampa BaySheikra - 1Kumba - 1Log Flume - 1Pirates 4D (Yes the TP Pirates 4D) - 1(All rides were closed most of the day due to crappy weather)With queues being so long, it is hard to do a lot of rides. If anyone has been to these theme parks they will understand there is a lot more to do than just rides. If you have not been, you are missing a lot. I suggest you get your botty there soon!

YESSSS! Get in!!The Florida theme parks spoilt all the theme parks in England for me really.Glaad you had a great time, shame about the weather at Busch though. :) And yeah, it's not really about the rides in Florida- well it is, but it has so much more depth than that- this isn't a shallow English 'theme' park :)

YESSSS! Get in!!The Florida theme parks spoilt all the theme parks in England for me really.Glaad you had a great time, shame about the weather at Busch though. :) And yeah, it's not really about the rides in Florida- well it is, but it has so much more depth than that- this isn't a shallow English 'theme' park :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know it will spoil TP for me alot, It is hard to understand unless you have actually been to Florida yourself but in general it is a much better day out than a day at TP. The rides are done with class to them and the water rides are so well themed. But as said there is alot more to do than rides there are shows and 4D attractions an safaris and stuff like that. Also if you go to Florida I suggest Discovery Cove which is an amazing day out swimming with dolphins if thats your kind of thing but I loved it.1 thing I was surprised to see though was that the same pirates 4D show was showing at Busch Gardens, exactly the same show with exactly the same characters but there are alot more water effects and there are a few extras on the show which have been cut out in TP's version.Oh and also Sheikra is an un-missable ride B)

• 11 months later...

I went to florida last summer, not going this summer though :)and I'm annoyed that we didn't go to Sea World or Island of Adventure, but we did go to Busch gardens and Universal Studios.Busch gardens was amazing, my favorite ride had to be Montu, I probably would have liked Sheikra if it was open, which it wasn't the two days I went :(