Becoming A Ride And Attractions Host

MikeC

Question

3 answers to this question

Same as what Peter said, although I have a bit more advice :oIt's ideal that you are confident dealing with people and you are a good listener (when dealing with guests mainly). Be friendly, polite, neat, tidy, enthusiastic.You need to be prepared for long shifts in the summer and at Fright Nights. You need to be able to deal with customers, which includes angry guests, disabled guests, problem guests, children who are too short for rides and their angry parents etc etc.Having said that, I can be a quiet and shy person and it didn't stop me getting a job there!So yeah, when they advertise jobs on the website, really try and sell yourself to them :) But without sounding all over confident and cocky.If you're successful you will go through to an assessment and interview, the assessment centre involves a group of you, and it's basically for you to learn a bit about the park and Merlin, and for them to see how you get on interacting with other people. You get put in groups, do little tasks, team-related things etc. It's easy, just be yourself and you'll be fine :)Again, similar to the application form, in the interview you need to prove to them why they should employ you.Also dress smart. Even if it just says smart casual (I don't know they ask for these days) dress smart, don't feel you are over-dressed. Being smart proves how much the job means to you and how enthusiastic and serious you are about it. You'll then hear from them normally within 2 weeks, by email or phone as far as I know. Don't worry if it takes a while to hear, they have a lot of applicants to deal with and have to consider what area to put everyone in.Having worked there 2 years myself, I can tell you it is great fun and you will make some great friends there. The socials are great fun too :D You learn a lot from working "behind the scenes" on the rides and the guest interaction can be awesome fun.